Job Description Where you fit in
We are looking for supply chain leaders from top tier EPC organisations who have experience in managing all SC activities on major capital projects. In this Centre of Excellence role, you will connect the dots between EPC, logistics, materials management; both on individual projects in your region as well as holistically across all projects in the EMEA region.
Residing within the Contracting & Procurement organization, Supply Chain is a critical enabler for RDS to achieve its ambition to become the World Class Investment Case.
Manage Supply Chain (MSC) Team is the Global Centre of Excellence supporting the delivery of a competitively differentiated inbound Supply Chain for Shell. The group works across Lines of Business: Upstream, Integrated Gas/New Energies, and Downstream operated and non-operated ventures. Being responsible for delivery of Supply Chain strategies and solutions, including innovations and digitalization, and drive aspirational targets of the company. Within MSC, not only benchmark against traditional Oil and Gas majors will be done but the challenge is also to catch up with- or even beat leading supply chains like Technology (Amazon, Uber), Automotive (BMW) and Fast Mover Consumer Goods (Unilever).
Picturing the future of Supply Chain like robotics, Internet of Things, machine learning, 3D printing, and blockchain probably come to mind. As the continued transition towards a faster-paced and connected world, new agile ways of working are required to adopt these and other technologies in MSC. We promote a mindset that prioritizes frontline obsession, innovation & replication, simplicity & focus, and long-term problem-solving. Hands-on support, driving intimacy with business partners across all Lines of Businesses and co-creating solutions that transform Shell's Supply Chain - it is what we do.
This is a reason why we are looking for you: committed to driving business bottom line improvements, having a strong appetite to apply end-to-end supply chain thinking and a desire to introduce innovative and externally competitive concepts.
If you are a dynamic team player, who skillfully manages cross-functional and cross-company complexity, understands connections and interdependencies inside the organization and is ready to drive joint solutions with suppliers and external business partners - our team is the place for you.What's the role?
1. Deliver end-to-end MSC in Projects to ensure predictable outcomes on safety, affordability, schedule, and operational performance.
2. Develop a vision of what MSC means for Projects and the regional roadmap to deliver this. This includes planning, expediting, people and material movement, and digital tools enabling this and supply chain readiness during project-to-asset handover.
Accountabilities include:Pre-DG3 and FEED
During Project Execution
- Define the MSC strategy and implementation plans for Projects across RDS in conjunction with CP IG/New Energies, CP Projects, and Regional SME Logistics teams and ensure fit for purpose implementation
- Ensure alignment of the contract with MSC strategy and practices in cooperation with Project CP Lead & Regional Logistics SME and participate in the MSC Strategy Selection and Sourcing & Award process
- Support the Project CP Lead to determine MSC requirements into EPC(M) contract documents and work with EPC(M)s to ensure effective implementation;
- Provide qualification and verification of EPC's materials management and logistics capabilities during the tender process and ensure effective implementation of thereof
- Support the Project CP Lead to drive CI to ensure smooth overall implementation of various strategies & practices
- Ensure MSC strategies for spares, BOMs, surplus, warehouse, track&trace, equipment, etc is adequately represented in EPC(M) ITT and contracts
- Develop and implement with Project CP Lead and Project Logistics Lead staffing plans for MSC operations
Location and travel
- Identify potential value leakage and improvements in MSC process and provide support to CP Project Lead and Contract Holder in addressing them
- Apply MSC expertise to Contract Management Plan and Contract/ Business Performance Review Work with CP Project Lead and Project Logistics lead to set strategic direction, performance targets and on the hands-on resolution of issues with contractors on MSC
- Develop and implement MSC plan with Project CP lead and Project Logistics Lead and ensure adoption by Project Managers and Engineers of the fundamental principles, processes, and procedures
- Monitor, audit and guide the EP(CM) contractor's MSC implementation (material management, warehousing, fabrication yards, preservation, surplus management activities) to ensure projects are delivered within budget and in good operational condition
- Contribute towards top quartile Projects to Assets handover of MSC elements of Operations Readiness
This role will be based from our Head office in The Hague. This role will partner very closely with the upstream assets so extensive travel across the EMEA region will be required in order to build relationships with and understand your internal customers.Company Description
Shell Nederland BV is a platform for international collaboration, with Shell offering direct employment to around ten thousand people in the Netherlands alone, including roughly 2,800 non-Dutch employees from around 80 countries. Diversity is key at Shell Nederland, and our employees reflect the innovation that stems from a diverse workforce. By joining Shell Nederland, you will benefit from an unrivaled industry-leading development programme that will see you tap into a pool of expert knowledge that will help propel your career. Shell Nederland is the holding company of most Shell companies operating in the Netherlands. Shell Nederland also has an advisory and coordinating role in numerous areas.An innovative place to work
There's never been a more exciting time to work at Shell. Everyone here is helping solve one of the biggest challenges facing the world today: bringing the benefits of energy to everyone on the planet, whilst managing the risks of climate change.
Join us and you'll add your talent and imagination to a business with the power to shape the future - whether by investing in renewables, exploring new ways to store energy or developing technology that helps the world to use energy more efficiently. An inclusive place to work
A rewarding place to work
- To power progress together, we need to attract and develop the brightest minds and make sure every voice is heard. Here are just some of the ways we're nurturing an inclusive environment - one where you can express your ideas, extend your skills and reach your potential...
- We're creating a space where people with disabilities can excel through the transparent recruitment processes, workplace adjustments and ongoing support in their roles. Feel free to let us know about your circumstances when you apply and we'll take it from there.
- We're closing the gender gap - whether that's through action on equal pay or by enabling more women to reach senior roles in engineering and technology.
- We're striving to be a pioneer of an inclusive and diverse workplace, promoting equality for employees regardless of sexual orientation or gender identity.
- We consider ourselves a flexible employer and want to support you in finding the right balance. We encourage you to discuss this with us in your application.
Combine our creative, collaborative environment and global operations with an impressive range of benefits and joining Shell becomes an inspired career choice.
We're huge advocates for career development. We'll encourage you to try new roles and experience new settings. By pushing people to reach their potential, we frequently help them find skills they never knew they had, or make career moves they never thought possible.Requirements What we need from you
The ideal candidate will be a senior supply chain manager from a leading EPC organisation. They will have developed and implemented SC strategy for major projects and will have end-to-end project management experience where EPC is the main component but additionally coordinates the plans for onboarding support services, connecting logistics across multiple parties (fabrication yard, equipment suppliers and coordination of laydown areas)
You will need:
- A holistic understanding of the total SC, including E2E materials lifecycle and logistics design;
- Experience in development of SC strategy and implementation for projects and major events such as Turnaround and Campaigns;
- Experience in managing contracts and driving contractor performance improvement;
- Experience managing staff/contractors in an operational environment;
- Understanding of how to manage an EPC contract agreement;
- Understanding of EPC MSC related functions (expediting, logistics incl. warehousing & laydown yards)
We are looking for people who reflect the MSC behaviours:
• Frontline Passion
• One Team
• Simplicity and Focus
• Innovate & Replicate
• Fix for the long haulDisclaimer
Please note: We occasionally amend or withdraw Shell jobs and reserve the right to do so at any time, including prior to the advertised closing date.
Before applying, you are advised to read our data protection policy. This policy describes the processing that may be associated with your personal data and informs you that your personal data may be transferred to Royal Dutch/Shell Group companies around the world.
The Shell Group and its approved recruitment consultants will never ask you for a fee to process or consider your application for a career with Shell. Anyone who demands such a fee is not an authorised Shell representative and you are strongly advised to refuse any such demand.
Shell is an Equal Opportunity Employer.