Experience: 3 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Employment Type: Full Time Contractor
Location: Chatham-Kent, Ontario, Canada
No location/work authorization restrictions found.
Our client, a large oil and gas company is currently seeking an Associate Buyer for a 6 month contract in Chatham, Ontario.
The Associate Buyer is a key position in the department responsible for supporting the Supply Chain Management (SCM) group and internal clients in processing requests for materials or services and procuring them in a timely and cost-effective manner meeting business requirements and specifications.
• Provide SAP (Materials Management (MM), Supplier Relationship Management (SRM) and Contract System (Ariba)) expertise and support to client base including database management/maintenance for materials and vendors, miscellaneous report preparation, and inventory strategy.
• Support Purchase Orders/Service Orders based on material or service requisitions, ensuring company policies are met.
• Provide support for warehouses, including Operations and Contractor warehouses for all material related activity (requests, transfers, receipts, relocation/disposal of surplus/obsolete material, inventory control expertise, quarantined material segregation and recalls).
• General procurement activity including policy interpretation/clarification, price comparison and analysis, department telephone support and administrative support as required.
• Commercial interaction with vendors including obtaining quotes, resolving invoice discrepancies, challenging price increases, performing expedites, managing customs requirements and relationship building.
• Serve as the initial point of contact for all Supply Chain related questions and issues and forward to appropriate SCM personnel as required.
• Provide general and specific SCM training including processes, procedures and various SCM systems.
• College/University/Bachelor's degree in Business, Supply Chain, or 3+ years of experience.
• Advanced computer skills (Word, PowerPoint, Excel, SAP).
• Strong mathematical and analytical skills with attention to detail.
• Excellent interpersonal skills.
• Good oral and written communication skills.
• Ability to work with minimum direction in a team environment.
NICE TO HAVES:
• 2 years of relevant experience in natural gas, oil & gas, or power industry.
• Negotiation skills.
• Experience with ERP systems (SAP preferred)
Established in 1978, NES Global Talent provides a complete range of contract and permanent talent solutions to the Oil and Gas, Power, Construction and Infrastructure, Life Sciences, Manufacturing and IT sectors worldwide. With more than 40 offices in 28 countries, we are able to provide our clients with the engineering and technical expertise they need, wherever and whenever it is needed. Offering far more than a traditional recruitment service, we fully support our contractors while they are on assignment with everything from securing visas and work permits, to providing market leading benefits packages and accommodation, ensuring they are safely and compliantly able to support our clients.