Skills: Project Engineer
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Employment Type: Full Time Contractor
Location: Aberdeen, Scotland, United Kingdom
No location/work authorization restrictions found.
Worley is currently recruiting a Senior Project Engineer to join our Oil and Gas project delivery operation in Aberdeen on a contract basis for 12 months for Chrysaor E&C - Accommodation Project.
You will join the Project Management Function which leads the successful delivery of our projects from concept, FEED and detailed design services for both onshore and offshore Oil & Gas facilities. The Project Management Function provides Project Directors, Project Managers, Project & Interface Engineers, and Package Managers ensuring that stakeholder objectives are met. Projects undertaken can be on a variety of contract basis, lump sum, reimbursable or risk and reward. Project size and complexity can vary significantly.
Your skills and expertise will be utilised across a range of domestic and international projects, starting in the bid phase, continuing through to award, start up and execution
- Provide Input to the establishment of the project execution plan. To include definition on project objectives and strategies, work scope, risk management, overall work plan and schedule, commercial plan, quality and safety requirements etc. This will be consistent with the terms of the respective contract and WorelyParsons project execution plan mandatory contents.
- The administering of the contract agreements between Worley and its subcontractors whereby Worley and Client interests are protected and costs are managed.
- The maintaining of close contact with respective Clients throughout the project to ensure satisfactory reaction to client's needs or criticisms.
- The monitoring and control of project performance against budget, schedule, and quality and safety requirements using appropriate control tools and reporting of same to Worley Management and Client.
- The identification of changes in the scope or work and ensuring that appropriate change requests are current and adequate.
- Managing multi-discipline engineering teams in the delivery of scopes through regular progress meeting and by facilitation where multi-discipline issues require discussion and resolution.
- The promotion of quality and safety on the project.
- The issuing of directions for job close-out and the securing of the final project acceptance and contract release from client.
- Commitment to and promotion of Worley values and ensuring the realisation of company and project health, safety, environmental, quality and ethics, systems, policies and procedures.
- Degree or Equivalent in appropriate engineering subject OR HND/HNC and preferably membership of appropriate institute.
- Experienced in either process, mechanical, structural, E&I or controls engineering discipline.
- Experienced in project engineering of multi-discipline engineering design teams.
- Experience in coordinating and interfacing with construction team and sub-contractors.
- Experience in coordinating and controlling team delivery in accordance with agreed cost, schedule and change without compromising HSSEQ standards.
- Experienced in developing and maintaining good relationships with client and sub -contractors.