As our Senior Buyer you are supporting the sourcing initiatives and responsibilities for Continental Europe, including direct interaction and coordination with suppliers (indirect and direct) in support of Pipeline & Maintenance Operations, and liaison with project teams. Activities include:
- Responsible for tracking, reporting, and performance of Sourcing's KPI's and Margin Improvement Initiatives as prioritized
- Enforces and complies with Global Procurement Policies
- Contact suppliers by phone or email to negotiate lead times and place or expedite purchase orders.
- Update purchase orders with new contract delivery or current promise dates
- Closely monitor supplier performance to plan and work with the suppliers to manage any required recovery plans / actions
- Understand lead time drivers and work with suppliers, engineering, and operations to create solutions for meeting delivery
- Manages workflow activity via ERP System
- Initiates Supplier Reviews and On-boarding, and can occasionally assist with supplier audit
We expect that you
- Bachelor's Degree from an accredited university or extensive experience in procurement including sourcing.
- Experience with stakeholder management
- Have strong organizational and negotiating skills
- Are excellent in written and verbal communication in Dutch and English
- Have proficiency in MS Office and ERP systems (Oracle/SAP preferred)
- Are a hands-on team player
- Are quality focused
- Like challenges, are creative, and take initiative to get the job done
Son en Breugel, The Netherlands
This is your opportunity to learn more, do more, live the career you have imagined and be part of a truly diverse organization.
Baker Hughes, a GE company is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law. Learn more