Located in Aberdeen, the Subsea Services Commercial Manager plays a key role in the development of all processes and supporting materials to enable our regional commercial teams to pursue opportunities and deliver winning proposals. The role requires strong analytical and influencing skills, knowledge of commercial processes, market economics, competitive issues, contractual expertise, technology, and projects as well as the ability to collaborate with and influence key decision makers.Essential Responsibilities:
Subsea Service projects are related to EPC installation opportunities and their associated Life of Field and Aftermarket activities, and can include a broad array of scopes, for which it is key to provide value to our customers. Key accountabilities include building and maintaining systems and processes to deliver winning deal strategies in collaboration with all internal stakeholders, when required to lead the preparation of Commercial and Technical Bid submissions, build business cases and commercial strategies for innovative products and/or services.
- Driving the overall governance & ownership of the global quoting process for Subsea Services, from initial opportunity identification to PO acceptance and handover to execution.
- Leading the continuous improvement of the quoting process and the systems utilised to manage it.
- Managing all materials generated by the process standardisation efforts as regularly as required.
- Deliver training & competency building to regional commercial teams as well as wider stakeholders.
- Understand the nature of risk and risk mitigation attached to quoting activities (Terms & Conditions, Technical Risk, Execution Risk, Financial Risk etc).
- Drive the accuracy of the overall business opportunity pipeline.
- For assigned Commercial opportunities take a leading role in managing the entire Inquiry to Order (ITO) process through qualifying, pre-tender preparations, receipt of the Invitation to Tender (ITT) or Request for Quotation (RFQ), proposal generation, approval and deal negotiation, to hand-over.
- Drive the commercial expansion of all Subsea Services products both internally and externally.
- Issue clarifications to customers and distribute responses .in a timely and efficient manner.
- Ensure web-based risk tools are updated regularly throughout the tender lifecycle.
- Prepare or review cost models to cover all elements of service proposals including field service, rental, repairs and spares.
- Assist with pricing strategy working with the Pricing Leader and Sales.
- Where required represent Subsea Services at external meetings of all levels.
- Provide accurate and timely reporting as required by customer and commercial team.
- Perform other duties as required to support Services commercial & operations teams.
- Conduct ITO lessons learned reviews
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited university or equivalent knowledge and experience or relevant business experience.
- Significant experience in a project or tender managing role within a similar commercial environment, preferably in the upstream services segment of the Oil & Gas Industry.
- A bid to win mind-set and strong say/do ratio.
- Clear competency with commercial models, including excel and database driven cost models and pricing strategies.
- Confident and competent presenter at all levels.
- Ability to integrate with personnel at all levels within a truly global business environment.
- Basic understanding of manufacturing systems and processes, active site operations and Services organisations.
- Good communicator, able to successfully manage and deliver multiple priorities for demanding Internal and External stakeholders.
- Excellent computing skills, particularly Microsoft Office suite.
- Proven capability and track record within a commercial and/or sales environment.
- Experience with contract management and contractual terms and conditions negotiation.
- Experience and understanding of Operators operations through the life of field.
- Understands how to create and apply outcome based commercial models.
- Ability to identify and steer commercial opportunities within a technical solution.
- Ability to work with cross-functional teams to help build effective processes.
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Proven knowledge and integration of the Baker Hughes Cultural Pillars.
- Certified 6 Sigma Green Belt.
This is your opportunity to learn more, do more, live the career you have imagined and be part of a truly diverse organisation
Baker Hughes is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law. Learn more