The Materials & Shared Services Leader will demonstrate leadership in leading his team to deliver efficient planning, best in class Warehouse & materials management, excellent logistics and lead the shared services (Painting & Blasting, Heat Treatment, and boxes manufacturing & Packing) to support the plant operations, and to provide the management with accurate data required to make sound operational, tactical and strategic decisions. Essential Responsibilities
- Lead the Materials Planning, Scheduling, Warehouse, Logistics and Shared Services (Blasting & Painting, Heat Treatment, Box & Pallets manufacturing and Packing) team
- Provide the business with accurate metrics for the plant.
- Provide the plant leadership with accurate reports on materials and planning.
- Demonstrate leadership in developing, planning and implementing the master schedule
- Collaborate with the other functions to build accurate and executable Build Plan.
- Collaborate with the plant leadership in setting realistic and challenging operational goals
- Partner with the plant leadership to make operational, tactical and strategic decisions
- Lead the preparation of Build Plans.
- Lead materials planning and collaborate with sourcing to get materials on time to fulfill the build plan.
- Lead capacity planning and loading charts
- Lead the local S&OP process
- Implement processes to manage and control inventory as per the business targets.
- Lead ODBL analysis and provide detailed and accurate reporting on supply gap.
- Lead the logistics team to deliver cost savings on premium services (airfreight, DHLs...) and to ensure materials are delivered as planned.
- Drive continuous system clean-up and data maintenance.
- Lead Warehouse management and materials handling activities
- Implement WMS and improve efficiency in warehouse space usage, tools management and materials receiving.
- Ensure a rigorous and efficient operating rhythm around materials and planning is in place.
- Lead OTD of the plant
- Lead reviews on cycle time, standard cost and utilization, and drive optimization and productivity projects
- Lead the planning and execution of Shared Services (Blasting & Painting, Heat Treatment, Box manufacturing & Packing) to fulfill the operations production plan.
- Assist in determining manpower needs to meet business goals
- Develop the team and build succession planning
- Bachelor's degree in engineering from an accredited university or equivalent.
- At least 4 years of experience in a Material Management, Planning, Operations or sourcing.
- Experience in plant operations
- Strong leadership, interpersonal and analytical skills
- Demonstrated oral and written communications skills
- Team player in a cross-functional environment
- Knowledge of manufacturing operations
- Experience in multi-cultural environment
- Fluent in English
- BH Program graduate (OMLP, CPM, XLP, ESLP)
- LEAN Six Sigma certified
- Hands-on experience on wellheads and X-trees
- Resident of Saudi Arabia
- Fluent in Arabic
Dammam, Saudi Arabia
This is your opportunity to learn more, do more, live the career you have imagined and be part of a truly diverse organization.
Baker Hughes is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law. Learn more