Our Client is looking for a Stores Operative, on a temporary contract basis, location in Aberdeen.
- Reporting to the Operations and Workshop Manager, the role is to assist in with the day to day activities of the stores and operations function. This includes, but not limited to receipt of stock, booking in stock, allocating to storage area, picking orders and making deliveries, where and when required.
- Support with operational material preparation activities such as decanting from containers into other receptacles, preparing and labelling decanted contents.
- Prepare crates and pack with associated materials, engage with the business to provide assistance in providing information to support business transactions.
- Prepare and issue where required dangerous goods paperwork to support shipments.
- Ensure the workshop and stores area clean and tidy at all times.
- Support in carrying out stock takes and carrying out adjustments in SAP as agreed.
- Support the business in confirming stock information in SAP and in the stores, follow-up with business in a timely manner.
- Carry out any other duties as directed by the Operations and Workshop Manager.
- Experience and understanding of the stores function including receipt, storage, issue and movement of materials within the offshore industry;
- Knowledge of the requirements of COSHH, SEPA and other regulatory/environmental procedures/processes associated with the materials control function;
- Knowledge of materials and equipment associated with the Oil and Gas/Petrochemical industry;
- Aisle Master and Forklift Truck licence
- Proficient in the use of IT equipment, Microsoft applications, SAP
- Ability to demonstrate understanding of HSEQ safe working practices and procedures and their implementation;
- Ability to work deadlines in an accurate, consistent and structured manner;
- Ability to work in a team environment and provide guidance to other team members
- Ability to follow/comply with procedures and recognised working practices.
- Dangerous Goods by Road/Sea/Air.