Experience: 12 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Location: Saudi Arabia
No location/work authorization restrictions found.
Saudi Geophysical Consulting Company, have an open job for Geophysicist Unconventional plays to work in Saudi Aramco Company in the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia.
Qualification & Experience
Bachelor's degree in Geophysics or Master degree or a related science as appropriate to the required discipline. An advanced degree is preferred and will reduce prerequisite work experience stated below by one year for master degree and two years for Ph.D.
12+ years' experience with at least 5-10 in unconventional plays including shale or tight sand, with experience in unconventional hydrocarbon basins required.
We will consider candidates with more or less experience depending on the quality of their experience.
Essential desirable skills include:
- Strong geophysical workstation skills,
- Strong velocity model building, depth conversion, 3D visualization, 3D seismic static modeling.
- Strong seismic data processing skills,
- Strong fundamental interpretation geophysical skill set, including well to seismic correlation & seismic mapping,
- AVO analysis, acoustic and elastic inversion, acquisition survey design.
- Regional geophysical evaluation of unconventional plays.
- Structural characterization of natural fractures and their impact on unconventional reservoirs.
- Sequence stratigraphic analysis.
- Geophysical support for an unconventional play or development, reservoir characterization in unconventional hydrocarbon plays (tight gas, shale gas, unconventional oil, and/or coal bed methane).