Experience: 10 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Location: Saudi Arabia
No location/work authorization restrictions found.
Saudi Geophysical Consulting Company, have an open job for Sedimentologist - Image Log Interpreter to work in Saudi Aramco Company in the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia.
Qualification & Experience
The Candidate must have a minimum Bachelor's Degree in Geology with experience in hydrocarbons exploration in shallow/deep marine clastic environments (glacial and submarine channel systems highly advantageous) with a strong petrophysical background (NOT A PETROPHYSICIST). Advanced degree is preferred and will reduce pre-requisite work experience by one year for Master's degree and two years for a PhD.
We are targeting a clastic sedimentologist with 10 - 15 years' experience, with time spent in tight sand unconventional plays highly advantageous. We will consider candidates with more or less experience depending on the quality of their experience
The Successful Applicant must have:
- Strong expertise in core based Sedimentological evaluation to include as a minimum: core description, core and log based facies analysis, depositional modeling, stratigraphy and sequence stratigraphy, reservoir quality/digenesis and conventional core analysis.
- Excellent skills in large dataset integration and management.
- Expected to specialize in all aspects of Image log quality control, acquisition, processing and interpretation (Techlog software).
- Paleoflow and high-resolution facies characterization based on integration of cores, cuttings, open-hole logs and images in single and multi-wells projects.
- Specific experience of core and borehole image interpretation in shallow marine, coastlines, glaciated margins, submarine channel systems, sediment gravity flow processes, and Lower Palaeozoic North African/Arabian stratigraphy is highly advantageous.
- Core and image log interpretation in support of the decision making process.
- Perform and QC processing and analysis of all image logs for horizons of interest, sedimentary features, fracturing and lithology.
- To perform and be part of integrated studies utilizing logs, cores, geological, geophysical and production information planning, QC and integration of core data for reservoir studies. Excellent interpersonal and presentation skills.
- The candidate is required to have expertise in rock typing/facies analysis using core and image log data while performing Sedimentological/facies core analysis; integration and calibration of the log-based and core based results and petrophysical data; assessing mean structural dip, dip zonation, and depositional dips; differentiating the various depositional planes and depositional/sedimentary structures (types and attitudes) with emphasis on paleoflow indicators; characterizing the different facies types in individual wells relying on lithology, internal physical and biogenic structures, depositional fabric/texture and corrected depositional attitudes and interpret each facies in terms of depositional process and construct depositional models.
- Support and mentor co-workers in applying cores and image logs to Support and mentor co-workers in applying cores and image logs to sedimentological/depositional facies evaluation Incorporate (microfacies) characterization including mineralogical composition, maturity, textural parameters (size, sorting, roundness, fabric and packing), diagenetic alteration/paragenesis, and pore types/distribution.
- Support and mentor co-workers in applying cores and image logs to sedimentological and depositional facies evaluation sedimentological/depositional facies evaluation