Skills: Maintenance Engineer
Experience: 3 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
Location: Houston, Texas, United States
No location/work authorization restrictions found.
Engineering & Technical Svcs Group
Transocean is focused on being the employer of choice for the drilling industry.
We are challenging ourselves every day to push the performance of the company through technological advances and passion for our work.
Implement robust and effective maintenance strategies based on Industry Standards, Equipment and Process Reliability data into the Company Maintenance Management System, in line with company policies, procedures and strategic initiatives.
- Lead and execute Maintenance Team data analytics projects to drive CMMS Preventive Maintenance improvements based on equipment uptime and maintenance cost data.
- Function as point of contact between Subject Matter Experts, Data Analysts and Operations to ensure regular and adequate interpretation of equipment operational performance parameters, in order to optimize maintenance regimes.
- Undertake comprehensive and in-depth case studies into successful implementations of Condition Based maintenance systems among high reliability organizations; identify industry best practices and lessons learned towards development of a CBM strategy.
- Coordinate CBM implementation projects for the company for Drilling and Subsea equipment - to develop a real time monitoring system for ensuring asset integrity, optimization of system performance and effective predictions of system failures to prevent NPT.
- Travel to rigs to conduct maintenance surveys and obtain inputs from end users, to enable further improvement and optimization of maintenance plans.
- Work as directed with Technical Services' functions on Root Cause Analysis Investigations, in the identification and resolution of equipment and process reliability issues, to prevent major downtime events and loss of revenue. Act as a focal point for translating key learnings into bulletins or company standards to be applied in order to verify reliability of key systems and processes fleetwide.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE:
Degree in Mechanical, Marine, Electrical, Chemical Engineering, or Naval Architecture plus three (3) years working in drilling industry or similar process technology industries. Familiarity with analytical systems, process safety, reliability and risk concepts.
Analytical mindset and self-motivated to lead diverse teams to achieve a common objective. Knowledge of Enterprise data management systems including Computerized Maintenance Management Systems. Strong understanding of critical rig equipment.
Excellent engineering, problem solving and organizational skills.
Good communication and leadership skills. Ability to effectively engage with individuals of various experience levels, and of diverse cultural and technical backgrounds.
Strong skills in MS Project, Excel and programming experience in any basic language platform.
Ability to work unsupervised, undertake tasks with own initiative. Make effective use of company's resources. Use own judgement to determine the approach of action to take in non-routine situations. Must be familiar with applicable industry codes, guidelines and standards. Position requires travel to Rigs.
If you want to push yourself to great achievement, let Transocean develop your career.
No matter where in the world Transocean people are working, we are all pioneers at heart. We don’t shrink from challenges. They inspire us. Which is why we’ve been a company of firsts since our inception. Although we come from different countries, cultures and backgrounds, we’re united by our shared pursuit of excellence. We value the different perspectives represented throughout our organization, recognizing that our people are our most valuable asset.
In today’s competitive environment, when Transocean has asked our employees to embrace a performance culture that requires us to constantly seek improvement no matter how productive we are, our team has risen to the occasion. And in fact, they are changing the way we operate. If you are motivated by a work environment that consistently challenges you, one where you can have an impact that is felt on every rig and on the bottom lines of both Transocean and our customers, we encourage you to browse our available positions below and at www.deepwater.com/our-people
Transocean has received reports of unauthorized individuals falsely advertising or promising job opportunities and supporting their claims with forged documents. These individuals ask for money to cover processing fees, visas, work permits, etc. Transocean's hiring process does not include unsolicited offers of employment or require payment. We will only contact you if you have applied for employment through our website at: www.deepwater.com, or had contact with one of our local recruiting or field offices. We also have received reports of unauthorized solicitations of business or vendor quotes, which may request pricing and other commercial details. Please do not respond to any requests unless you can verify the origin of the request. Transocean communicates with its vendors using a vendor portal or direct communication with a designated Transocean representative known by vendors. Transocean will never ask you to send banking information by email. If you suspect fraud, we would encourage you to report such activity to your local police authorities.