The primary task of this role is post contract award to provide contractual and commercial input to Project Management.
- Support Project / Package Manager(s) as well as Project Contracts Manager on all commercial and contractual matters.
- Implement Project contractual strategy and ensure adherence to such strategy during the Project.
- Ensure compliance with all contractual procedures.
- Monitor all project correspondence for commercial and contractual relevant matters.
- Supervise the entire project administration process and maintain correspondence registers, always in anticipation of potential claims.
- Draft commercial and contractual project correspondence.
- Claims management.
- Participate in project meetings and ensure adequate administrational follow up.
- Quantity surveying, including re-measurement and assessing variations.
- Valuations of completed work and administration of the interim payment applications.
- Liaise with legal department on behalf of the project team where required.
- Provide day to day legal advice to the Project team.
- Provide commercial/contractual/legal input for project close-outs.
Capability profile / Qualifications:
- Business Law education with a strong technical affinity or an engineering background with well-developed legal and contractual awareness.
- Minimum of 6 years' experience in similar position in the same industry (offshore & engineering)
- Knowledge of Common Law systems
- Able to converse, read & write in Mandarin
- Good knowledge of oral and written English
- Strong communication and negotiation skills
- Accurate and structured
- Ability to show initiative with minimal supervision
- Team player
- Frequent travel abroad may be required