Skills: Maintenance Engineer, Maintenance Manager
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
Location: Sharjah, United Arab Emirates
No location/work authorization restrictions found.
Manages and organizes all the resources of the maintenance department and ensures that all maintenance jobs are completed efficiently and cost effectively. Technical responsibility for all plant, equipment and machineries. Provides support to KM250 and all other plant development projects and ensures equipment design is in line with current and required maintenance needs. Support SAP implementation project and ensures all ongoing routines and major services and their data transferred and managed smoothly during and after migration to SAP. Improves competency of maintenance team. Reports to the Plant Manager.
Facility Management & Policy Compliance
- Ensures accurate development, implementation and administration of the Computerized Maintenance Management through SAP system.
- Ensures that sub- contractors are managed safely and effectively.
- Responsible for providing input into design stage of KM 250 / 500 projects and ensuring equipment design is in line with current and required maintenance needs. Support all construction, pre-commissioning and commissioning of new facilities.
- Liaises and co-operates with other heads of departments, ensuring awareness of schedule & ongoing maintenance activities.
- Review and validate all maintenance manuals and procedures and provide the required support for document mapping and control project.
- Ensures that all maintenance personnel, service contractors and personnel involved in operations under the control of the Maintenance Department.
- Participates in the effective monitoring, audit and review of management systems and procedures, and to Contributes to their further development and continuous improvement.
- Ensures the Permit to Work (PTW) system is adhered to and that all isolations are in compliance with the Isolation Philosophy.
- Promotes effective communications through regular awareness and safety meetings.
- As a SAP system main user Manages through detail planning, preparation and reporting, the execution of both PPM and Corrective Maintenance works in a safe, efficient and cost effective manner.
- Manage and control the application of diagnostic fault finding skills on key equipment and systems and identify the training for personnel as required.
- Maintains facilities equipment and associated documentation in accordance with prescribed PPM schedules.
- Participates fully where required, in the investigation and reporting of accidents and incidents.
- Provides technical support for the performance of all aspects of rotating equipment operation, care and maintenance.
- Performs root cause failure analysis where required.
- Manage maintenance budget and provide budget forecasting requirement for upcoming years.
- Improve the competency of LN staff and carry performance evaluation for maintenance personnel.
Health, Safety and the Environment
- Ensures the strict adherence to Safety, Health and Environmental policies across the business.
- Assists in the planning, coordination and execution of shutdown programs and the implementation of safety procedures and practices.
Functional Leadership Management
- Ensures the effective achievement of maintenance department functional objectives through the leadership and supervision of staff - setting individual objectives, managing performance, developing and motivating staff, provision of formal and informal feedback and appraisal - in order to maximise subordinates and departmental performance.
- Builds a strong team in order to ensure versatility and adequate succession cover. Ensure the maintenance team has appropriate skills and resources including personnel, process and tools to meet the business objectives.
- Manages all staff under authority professionally, fairly and reasonably in line with Company HR policies and protocol towards agreed objectives.
Reporting and Communication
- Reports to the Plant Manager on all issues relating to the management and processes of the maintenance department.
- Exhibits and maintains excellent working relationships with all CreDan staff.
Continuous Improvement of Position
- Conducts a continuing study of operational policies, procedures and systems to keep senior management updated of contemporary practices.
- Identifies areas for improving facilities on a continuous basis in order to increase the equipment availability and productivity.
Minimum Educational, Technical Qualifications/Certifications Required
- Degree or HND in Maintenance Discipline, (Mechanical / Electrical or Instrument)
Minimum Professional Experience Required
- Minimum of 15 years' experience in Oil and Gas, to include day to day management of equipment maintenance, condition monitoring and control system interfaces in a field position as maintenance superintendent or Supervisor. Experience with SAP Maintenance Management.
Petroplan is a global organisation which specialises in connecting skilled professionals with exceptional contract and permanent career opportunities throughout the oil, gas and energy industry. This has been our focus since Petroplan was formed in 1976.
Our aim isn't to be the largest industry recruitment specialist but rather the best. As such, our recruitment services, contractor management and specialised support is tailored to meet the individual needs of candidates, contractors and clients. Petroplan's local offices across Europe, the Middle East, North America, Asia-Pacific, Africa and Australasia support projects in over forty countries. Our client portfolio includes multi-national corporations, together with niche organisations focusing on a specialist discipline or location.
For more information on how Petroplan can help you, please feel free to visit our About Us page here; https://www.petroplan.com/about/
Petroplan is an established Global Recruitment Organization supplying technical manpower and administrative services to the oil, gas and petro-chemical industries. Formed in 1976, Petroplan has over three decades’ experience and knowledge of global staffing markets to support feasibility studies through engineering and construction to ongoing operations and maintenance contracts.
Petroplan holds major global supply agreements with leading oil, gas and chemical operators and main contractors on a sole or preferred supplier basis. Our network of offices and strategic partner organizations provide on-the-ground support for clients and contracted individuals and teams in over 30 worldwide locations.
Our key discipline areas, which we regularly recruit for our clients, cover all phases of oil and gas exploration, production and refining projects:
Please visit us at www.petroplan.com for further information on our services and current vacancies.