Global LNG is a rapidly growing and important part of the IST trading portfolio. We are working closely with customers on an ambitious journey to manage this growth through building market leading innovative digital solutions across the deal life cycle.
This is an exciting opportunity for an experienced analyst to work collaboratively with customers, UX designers, engineers, quality assurance analysts and the wider team in a fast moving environment to deliver complex and engaging digital products.
Digitizing contracts, deal scenario modelling, team collaboration tools are a small selection of the features planned.
We follow an iterative and incremental software development approach, so experience of agile techniques, as well as being an authority in traditional analysis tools and techniques is required.
BP is a diverse and inclusive environment. We are proud of our equal opportunities and meritocracy which will allow you to reach your full potential.
- Facilitate idea storming and process definition workshops with multiple senior stakeholders based in London and Singapore.
- Work closely with UX Designers, IT team, Product Owner and global customer base to understand requirements and define solutions.
- Work closely with developers and quality assurance analysts to ensure requirements are expressed as clear concise user stories.
- Break large problems down into incrementally deliverable working features with clear clear business cases to justify decisions, and then measure the impact of the change to ensure benefits have been achieved.
- Prioritizing competing demands and obtaining buy-in from stakeholders.
- Using data analysis techniques including SQL to make informed decisions and validate solutions backed with qualitative and quantitative data.
- Manage UAT with customers and working closely with QA team ensuring releases are consistently of high quality with minimum defects.
- Active participation in all aspects of an agile team; sprint planning and retrospectives, estimation sessions etc.
- Experience working in trading environment and clearly understands trading and commodity risk concepts.
- Proven success of analysing complex products that lead to significant value to stakeholders.
- Working knowledge and experience of tools and techniques for backlog prioritisation.
- Solid team player with the ability to lead analysis activity.
- Ability to own and deliver discrete pieces of work.
- Respects individual's views and positively contributes to a learning environment in which individuals are supported and encouraged to excel.
- Strong idea storming and process definition workshop planning and facilitation experience with multiple stakeholders.
- Understands User Research /Design Thinking concepts and applies those to product work.
- Understands and can explain concepts from both a technical and a business functional point of view
- Experience prioritizing competing demands and obtaining buy-in from stakeholders
- Excellent Business Analysis skills and expertise including business requirements gathering and user stories definition.
- Experience of breaking down large problems into incrementally deliverable, desirable, value add features.
- Ready to get involved in projects and situations and make sense of ambiguous details in multiple domains.
- We follow an iterative and incremental software development approach, so experience of agile techniques, as well as being an authority in traditional analysis tools and techniques is required.
- Experience of Specflow / Cucumber testing frameworks.
- Experience of ETRM solutions.
- Experience of working on projects where Design Led Thinking has been applied
- SQL and data analysis skills for problem solving and technical project analysis.