Perth, Western Australia, Australia
Perth, Western Australia, Australia
Skills: WellSite Supervisor
Experience: 10 + Years
Education: Tech/Vocational Cert/Apprenticeship
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
Salary: Super, Health, Bonus
Location: Perth, Western Australia, Australia
In order to apply for this position, applicants MUST meet the following criteria. If your resume does not match these criteria, you will not be able to apply for this position.
Located in region: Australia & Oceania
As we build on our position as Australia's leading oil and gas company, we rely on a diverse group of people who all bring their unique skills and talent. We're committed to providing the opportunities for our employees to reach their potential. We call it 'Developing your Woodside'. After all, only by helping you achieve your potential will we be able to fulfill ours.
Inspire your Woodside at woodside.com.au/careers
About the Role:
We are recruiting for a Well Site Manager (WSM) to represent Woodside on a Woodside owned and operated facility and to provide production site operational and safety leadership to Woodside staff and Woodside contractors. This role will manage the well intervention activity, including all aspects of well integrity, in accordance with the Well Intervention Programme and platform facility procedures.
The Well Site Manager (WSM) is Woodside's senior intervention site representative and is expected to manage live well intervention operations in accordance with Woodside's values and platform functional standards. Most of the intervention work is conducted by service contractor personnel, operating under the leadership and supervision of the WSM. The WSM is accountable to the Platform Intervention Superintendent for managing well interventions in a safe and efficient manner. The offshore roster will predominantly be based on 2 weeks on 2 weeks off basis.
Duties & Responsibilities:
As a successful Well Site Manager you will undertake a number of duties working in areas such as strategic leadership, well integrity, health & safety, environment, emergency response, well intervention & other general duties.
You will communicate Woodsides vision, purpose and values to the well intervention team & create a motivated team of Woodside staff and service contractors & sustain an operational & safety performance culture, leading by example and through coaching others. You will provide well barrier assurance through execution of the well programme, provide assurance that the intervention contractors well control equipment meets design and statutory requirements.
The successful candidate will support the platform management team with the implementation of the platforms safety management system, ensuing Woodside staff & contractors comply with' and participate in' the platform management system requirements. Responsibilities will also include leading & monitoring the implementation of Woodsides' own H&S commitments, verify that platform controls for major accident events are in place, verify the implementation of Woodsides' statutory obligations & report and support the investigation of all platform site incidents.
You will support the platform with the implementation of the platform's environmental management system, ensure that staff contractors comply with' and participate in' the platform's management system requirements & verify the platform's controls for Major Environment Events are in place. In addition, the successful candidate will verify the implementation of Woodside's statutory obligations as defined through the Environment Plan in respect to intervention operations & report and support the investigation of all platform site incidents.
Furthermore, responsibilities will include directing & prioritising daily platform site activities to ensure well intervention operations are carried out as per the well programme safely & efficiently. You will schedule & coordinate logistics to ensure timely arrival and departure of personnel and equipment to & from the platform. You will lead a performance culture within the well intervention team using the technical limit approach, focusing on continuous improvement.
Skills & Experience:
- The ideal candidate will have extensive experience working specifically on platforms with 10-15+ years of experience in Well Service operations, including a minimum of 5 years' experience in a well site supervisory position.
- 5 years of experience in platform live well operations.
- 5 years of experience with platform permit to work systems.
- Skilled in all aspects of process safety / well integrity and proficient in well control operations as demonstrated by IWCF certification.
- Demonstrated leadership skills in a strategic, team and operational context
- Strong interpersonal and team skills with an ability to communicate with contractors, Woodside team members and Production representatives
- Good level of knowledge of Woodside's organisation, processes, standards, and procedures
- Good data management skills and demonstrated computer software literacy.
Recognition & Reward:
A career with Woodside is rewarding both personally and professionally. In this role we are offering a fantastic package including base salary, offshore allowance, health insurance allowance, bonus & share plan, in addition to this you will have:
- Opportunities to undertake interesting work on world-class projects
- Career development through professional development programs and by working alongside industry leaders
- Possibility of educational assistance to support your career development
- A values driven environment where working together is key
- The opportunity to participate in voluntary initiatives in the community
- Above industry superannuation contributions
- Industry leading 16-weeks paid parental leave
- Flexibility of leave provisions for events such as community service, cultural and volunteer activities (one day per annum)
- Subsidised gym memberships