- Responsible for developing and managing all aspects of Baker Hughes Global Ethics and Compliance Program for the India region.
- Under general supervision of the CCO, performs compliance and legal assignments of a routine nature.
- Serves as first point of contact on a 24/7 basis with respect to all ethics and legal compliance issues arising in the Region.
- Ensures that the CCO is immediately aware of significant ethics and legal compliance issues that may affect the reputation and well-being of BH in the Region.
- Builds strong relationships with region management in the Region Setting the Tone and Maintaining a Complete Culture of Compliance.
- Takes appropriate steps to design, implement, or modify BH Ethics and Legal Compliance Program as applied to the Region to minimize compliance risk.
- Actively promotes the Ethics and Legal Compliance Program as a Competitive Advantage among customers, local communities and other stakeholders.
- Manages the Ethics & Legal Compliance Team in the region and participates in the goal-setting and budget planning process for the Ethics & Legal Compliance Team.
- Advise Regional Compliance of key legal & compliance risks and exposures
- Ultimately responsible for promoting compliance across all BH locations in the India region.
- Assists the CCO with the development of a compliance risk assessment and gap analysis protocol for the Region.
Training & Communication:
- Oversees, plans and participates in all ethics and compliance educational efforts in the Region.
- Develops customized, interactive education and training programs for particular business units or categories of employees located in the Region based on regional need, trend analysis and/or risk assessment.
- In coordination with HR, assists in developing compliance content for all new employee orientation programs in the Region.
- Ensures (i) that there are frequent communications on ethics and compliance topics in the Region, including the presentation of compliance topics at a significant number of Regional/ Geomarket management meetings; (ii) the consistent application of BH's The Spirit & The Letter requirements in the Region.
Third Parties Management & Due Diligence:
- Manages, reviews, and/or approves the engagement of Third Parties under BH's policies.
- Provides ethics and legal compliance due diligence support for any acquisitions and divestitures.
- Leads, participates in and/or supports any ethics and legal compliance-related investigations that arise in the Region; takes the lead on overseeing the implementation of any action steps arising out of any investigations relating to the Region.
Policies & Guidelines:
- Communicates, facilitates and implements BH Guidelines pertaining to Business Courtesies.
- Assists in the development, drafting, and implementation of new ethics and compliance policies and procedures required in the Region.
Reporting & Ombuds:
- Facilitates open reporting by employees by promoting an open environment and communicating all reporting channels.
- Coordinates the Ombuds Program in the region.
- Law degree from accredited university/law school, and must be licensed to practice law, preferably in India.
- Must have experience working in the region, preferably in regulatory compliance environment with experience in FCPA, UK Bribery Act and other Anti-Corruption laws.
- Must travel up to 30% within India, and within MENAT when required.
- Ability to operate effectively in international business with sensitivity to cultural differences in business and professional activities.
- Ability to work independently and in a team-based environment and within different time-zones, so as to support the business.
- Fluency in English required.
This is your opportunity to learn more, do more, live the career you have imagined and be part of a truly diverse organization.
Baker Hughes is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law. Learn more