Skills: Structural Engineering
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Location: Houston, Texas, United States
No location/work authorization restrictions found.
Oceaneering is a global provider of engineered services and products, primarily to the offshore energy industry. We develop products and services for use throughout the lifecycle of an offshore oilfield, from drilling to decommissioning. We operate the world's premier fleet of work class ROVs. Additionally, we are a leader in offshore oilfield maintenance services, umbilicals, subsea hardware, and tooling. We also use applied technology expertise to serve the defense, entertainment, material handling, aerospace, science, and renewable energy industries.
Oceaneering Space Systems (OSS) is a precision engineering and manufacturing group which specializes in turn-key design, development, manufacturing, certification, maintenance, and testing of extra-vehicular and intra-vehicular (EVA & IVA) tools and equipment for astronauts; including life support and environmental control systems for space; robotic systems for military, space, and biological research; and thermal protection systems for launch vehicles. We also provide specialized engineering and support services in these areas, and astronaut training in NASA's Neutral Buoyancy Laboratory.
For more information please go to www.oceaneering.com and click on Products & Services, then click Space Systems (OSS). This position is located in Clear Lake, Texas.
Working under limited supervision, the Engineer will conduct linear and nonlinear modeling and perform coupled loads analysis of dynamics problems involving aerospace systems.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Conduct linear and nonlinear modeling and perform coupled loads analysis of dynamics problems involving aerospace systems.
- Perform structural static and dynamic modeling tests, define test instrumentation requirements and data acquisition, and perform post-test data assessment.
- Finite Element Modeling, perform standard modeling checks, reduce models (using Super Elements and/or Craig-Bampton methods), and develop data recovery matrices and load transformation matrices.
- Perform math modeling such as Finite Element Models, Super Elements, Craig-Bampton, Boundary Element Model Statistical Energy Analysis, and Hybrid.
- Use commercial analysis tools, such as NASTRAN, LS-DYNA, IDEAS, FEMAP, PATRAN, MATLAB, PYTHON, MATHCAD, CAM, ADAMS, FORTRAN, and C++.
- Lead coupled loads analyses of dynamics problems for multi-purpose aerospace systems, multiple-phase projects in the area of loads and dynamic environments.
- Perform other duties as required.
- BS degree in engineering from an accredited engineering school
- Familiarity with desktop software applications, MS Office is required.
- Must have excellent oral and written communication skills, specifically technical writing
Knowledge in the following areas:
- Prior experience in Aircraft or Aerospace Coupled Loads analysis.
- Familiarity with NASA standards and processes for Loads analysis.
- Experience leading a project or managing a team.
Equal Opportunity Employer
All qualified candidates will receive consideration for all positions without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran status, disability, genetic information, or other non-merit factors.
Oceaneering pushes the frontiers of deep water, space and motion entertainment environments to execute with new, leading-edge connections to solve tomorrow’s challenges, today.
As the trusted subsea connection specialist, our experience combined with the depth and breadth of our portfolio of technologies allows us to engineer solutions for the most complex subsea challenges. From routine to extreme, our integrated products, services, and innovative solutions safely de-risk operational systems, increase reliability, and enable a lower total cost of ownership.
We are connecting what’s needed with what’s next as the world’s largest ROV operator and the leading ROV provider to the oil and gas industry with over 300 systems operating worldwide. With our safety-focused and innovative approach, we responsively and decisively react to subsea challenges while providing solutions swiftly and efficiently.