Baker Hughes Process and Pipeline Services provides market leading in-line inspection (ILI) services to pipeline operators around the globe utilizing a fleet of advanced inspection tools and a suite of data analysis techniques and software. The inspection technologies include magnetic flux leakage and compression wave ultrasonic for corrosion inspection: ultrasonic shear wave and electromagnetic acoustic transducer for the detection and sizing of cracks and crack like features as well as pipeline mapping and strain assessment using inertial mapping units.
Our physics and data science teams concern themselves with the simulation and development of sensing systems as well as the development of the algorithms for the detection, discrimination and sizing of pipeline features from multiple sensor types. Our electronics engineering team deal with the simulation, design, build and test of all the different sub-systems for the various ILI technologies including battery packs & power supplies, sensor excitation, digital signal processing, FPGA and mass storage. Our mechanical engineering teams use advanced techniques for modelling and design, build and test of the ILI tools, including design for harsh environments, advanced materials and manufacturing techniques, packaging of electronics as well as lifting and handling equipment. Our software teams, working closely with data science, develop the software used by our global team of data analysts to generate the client reports on the condition of their pipeline. The software teams use a varied tech stack including database design, cloud system engineering, architecture and web application development.
The Software Team Manager demonstrates leadership in communicating business goals, programs, and processes for an area or business segment. In this role you will utilize experience or expertise to solve technically challenging problems, develop and execute objectives for self and others, and have the ability to effect short-term and some long-term digital transformation of the business.
Your Baker Hughes' product company will be Process & Pipeline Services (PPS) which provides market leading in-line inspection (ILI) services to pipeline operators around the globe utilizing a fleet of advanced inspection tools and a suite of data analysis techniques and software.
Within our global software team, you will be working closely with our team of data science specialists, our global team of data analysts and the product line stakeholders developing software to analyze inspection data and generate client reports on the condition of their pipeline. The software tools developed use a varied tech stack including high performance data processing, effective user interfaces and data visualization techniques, transaction-optimized database design, reporting solutions, desktop and cloud system engineering and architecture and web application development. Essential Responsibilities:
In the role of Software Team Manager, you will:
- Lead team of software engineers primarily on one site to deliver needs of defined project / product
- Lead team of New Product Introduction (NPI) and sustaining engineers to execute and complete assignments
- Manage team of engineers including performance and technical development
- Ensure project teams are resourced appropriately by maintaining appropriate engineer resource pool to be ready-to-serve project requirements
- Ensure technical mentoring and leadership
- Drive accountability and empowerment within the team
- Establish and drive productivity metrics while improving solution quality to the customer
- Create, communicate and drive a clear operating and prioritization rhythm for the team
- Work as part of a global team supporting product line issues
- Bachelor's Degree in Engineering or Computer Science from an accredited college or university (OR High school diploma / GED from an accredited school or institution with at least 7 years of software development or engineering experience)
- Minimum 3 years of experience in a software development or engineering role
- Minimum 2 years of experience in leading a team
- Master of Science in Engineering from an accredited college or university
- Cloud based software development experience, SOA, Internet Technologies
- Sound expertise in Java, JBOSS, XML
- Sound expertise in C++, Borland C++
- Exposure to Microsoft Technologies, .NET, DCOM, ATL, SQL Server
- Knowledge of data structures, algorithms, and software engineering principles
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Strong interpersonal and leadership skills
- Ability to apply principles of logical or scientific reasoning to a wide range of intellectual and practical problems
- Demonstrated ability to document, plan, market, and manage programs that further the knowledge, understanding, and capability of the business
- Problem analysis and resolution skills
- Ability to work under moderate supervision
This is your opportunity to learn more, do more, live the career you have imagined and be part of a truly diverse organization.
Baker Hughes is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law. Learn more