At Baker Hughes, we are transforming the future of energy. With operations in over 120 countries, we are developing and deploying industry-leading technologies and services to take energy forward.
For more than a century, our inventions have revolutionized energy. Today, we are bringing our expertise to make oil and gas safer, cleaner, and more efficient.
Our people are the trusted experts, relied on to solve customer challenges big and small. We invest in the health and well-being of our workforce, train and reward talent, and develop leaders at all levels to bring out the best in each other.
We believe in creating an environment of diversity and inclusion, without bias. We know we are better when all of our people are developed, engaged, and able to bring their whole authentic selves to work.
We're makers, inventors, and leaders who aren't afraid of the tough challenges. We believe pushing boundaries will help to lead the way for a new energy future.Role Summary:
VC++ Developer shall be Responsible for software design, develop functional design documents & hands-on development of modules and components. Troubleshoot technical issues & provide solutions. Work independently and contribute to the immediate and to other teams across business. Provide key inputs to the team and ensure right development methodology. Maintaining clear dependencies and modularity across the applications. Define the scope of the work while leading a team to execute & deliver on time and with quality. Essential Responsibilities:
- Design and development of software applications in C++, MFC, Win32.
- Collaborate with system engineers, frontend developers and software developers to implement solutions that are aligned with and extend shared platforms and solutions.
- Expert in breaking down problems and estimate time for development tasks.
- Skilled in providing oversight and mentoring team members.
- Demonstrates the ability to make informed technology choices after due diligence and impact assessment.
- Understands whole product, its modules and the interrelationship between them while being an expert in the assigned component or module
- Helps in designing interfaces and information exchange between modules.
- Serves as subject matter expert (SME) in development team.
- Possesses domain knowledge and shows great customer focus
- Demonstrates clarity of thinking to work through limited information and vague problem definitions
- Apply principles of SDLC and methodologies like Lean / Agile / XP, CI, Software and Product Security, Scalability, Documentation Practices, refactoring and testing Techniques
- Write code that meets standards and delivers desired functionality using the technologyselected for the project
- Design and develop optimized and reliable code as per the specifications
- Drives design reviews, defines interfaces between code modules, and applies existingtechnology to designs
- Expert in assessing application performance and optimizing/improving it through design andbest coding practices
- Expert in core data structures as well as algorithms and has the ability to implement them
- Drives functional design and implementation on one or more major modules.
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or in "STEM" Majors (Science, Technology,Engineering and Math)
- A minimum of 7+ years of professional experience
- Good Knowledge on Object Oriented Analysis and Design, Design Patterns.
- Knowledge of any agile management system preferably JIRA
- Experience in software product development in Agile (SCRUM)
- Strong interpersonal and leadership skills.
- Ability to influence others and lead small teams.
- Lead initiatives of moderate scope and impact.
- Effective problem identification and solution skills.
- Proven analytical and organizational ability.
This is your opportunity to learn more, do more, live the career you have imagined and be part of a truly diverse organization.
Baker Hughes is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law. Learn more