Houston, Texas, United States
Houston, Texas, United States
Skills: Risk Management, Process Engineer, Refinery Specialist
Other Skills: Business Analyst
Experience: 5 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
Salary: commensurate with experience
Location: Houston, Texas, United States
In order to apply for this position, applicants MUST meet the following criteria. If your resume does not match these criteria, you will not be able to apply for this position.
Located in region: North America
Risk engineer to support North American Energy underwriting efforts. Will work collaboratively with our global team to develop and maintain a profitable book of onshore Energy underwriting business.
- Prepare, conduct and review property loss control and business interruption risk assessments for all elements of onshore oil, gas and petrochemical operations (site surveys, hazard and exposure identification, natural hazard and catastrophe evaluations, risk gradings, industry losses and portfolio
- analyses, and other types of risk engineering reviews)
- Work directly with insureds and intermediaries to provide technical loss control expertise and risk solutions
- Develop loss control recommendations to reduce exposures at insured facilities
- Analysis of business interdependencies and contingencies for BI, CBI and cyber insurance coverages
- Support Claims, loss adjusters, underwriters and senior management on losses and other Energy market events
- Participate in global Energy risk engineering activities including Energy peak shaving work, team projects, research & development, training, etc.
- Bachelor's Degree: Chemical Engineering, Petroleum Engineering or related science
- 5 to 7 years of experience in the oil, gas or petrochemical industries, working in operations, process design, engineering technical support or other related areas
- An innovative, self starting person who can work successfully in a team environment and in an independent role
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills with the ability to interact effectively with a wide variety of people ranging from operations personnel to senior management
- Good understanding of refining and petrochemical processes, and midstream operations
- Strong understanding of PSM (Process Safety Management), mechanical integrity programs and testing, consensus loss control standards (e.g., API, NFPA, etc.), and HSE (Health/Safety/Environment) issues
- Knowledge of Quantitative Risk Assessments (QRAs), Hazard and Operability studies (HAZOPs), incident investigations or HSE auditing experience a plus
Allianz is the home for those who dare - a supportive place where you can take the initiative to grow and to actively strengthen our global leadership position. By truly caring about people - both its 85 million private and corporate customers and more than 142,000 employees - Allianz fosters a culture where its employees are empowered to ~collaborate, perform, embrace trends and challenge the industry. Our main ambition is to be our customers' trusted partner, instilling them with the confidence to grow. If you dare, join us at Allianz Group.
Allianz is an equal opportunity employer. Everybody is welcome, regardless of other characteristics such as gender, age, origin, nationality, race or ethnicity, religion, disability, or sexual orientation.
Allianz Global Corporate & Specialty (AGCS) is the Allianz Group's dedicated carrier for corporate and specialty insurance business. AGCS provides insurance and risk consultancy across the whole spectrum of specialty, alternative risk transfer and corporate business: Marine, Aviation (incl. Space), Energy, Engineering, Entertainment, Financial Lines (incl. D&O), Liability, Mid-Corporate and Property insurance (incl. International Insurance Programs).
Worldwide, AGCS operates in 30 countries with own units and in over 210 countries and territories through the Allianz Group network and partners. In 2016, it employed around 5,000 people and provided insurance solutions to more than three quarters of the 'Fortune Global 500' companies, writing a total of €7.6 billion gross premium worldwide.
AGCS SE is rated AA by Standard & Poor's and A+ by A.M. Best.
More information about careers at Allianz Global Corporate Specialty can be found at www.agcs.allianz.com/careers