The Document Controller at Baker Hughes will control the flow of documentation between engineering, suppliers and other Baker Hughes OFE functions such as manufacturing and sourcing.Essential Responsibilities:
- Accurately maintain archives and databases for project documentation using Baker Hughes Electronic Document Management System.
- Receive, register and distribute incoming and outgoing project documentation within pre-agreed timeframes.
- Monitor status of project documentation and work with the project team and internal departments to expedite overdue actions.
- Produce effective project document status reports and issue to internal and external customers.
- Attend project meetings and report the current status against plan for project documentation.
- Drive on time delivery and quality of documentation.
- Perform in accordance with KPIs and goals set by the project team and functional lead.
- Ensure work is conducted in accordance with client and project requirements and all applicable Baker Hughes internal policies and procedures.
- Provide support to other projects during periods of increased activity or staff absence.
- Identify improvement opportunities and work with the functional lead and project teams to implement improvements.
- Carry out other documentation activities as directed by the functional or project leader.
- Experience of working with controlled document management in Engineering, Projects or Manufacturing environment.
- Experience in the use of formalised document control processes and tools.
- Awareness of the implications of errors in document management.
- Working knowledge of IT aspects of document management including use of document management systems and competency in MS Office applications (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook) at intermediate level.
- Ability to communicate clearly and effectively in the English Language (written and oral) with internal and external interfaces.
- Have a proactive approach with a keen interest in learning and developing.
This is your opportunity to learn more, do more, live the career you have imagined and be part of a truly diverse organization
Baker Hughes is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law. Learn more