The ITO Lead Systems engineer is to own the Subsea Production Systems (SPS) solution to the bidding / tendering activity. This role has Technical engineering responsibility for the ITO Phase of an Engineering / Procurement / Construction Subsea Project. Reporting to the Regional Engineering Manager. As part of the global SPS Application Engineering organization, the position shall take full ownership of all technical aspects of the activities outlined below, promoting best in class practices and solution deliveries.
The successful applicant shall have solid experience and knowledge of Subsea Distribution, Topsides Solutions, Umbilicals, Well Access Electrical Items, Tree /Manifold Mounted Equipment.
It is expected that the candidate will have additional knowledge and/or experience in the other SPS product areas, the system configuration aspects, intervention policies and procedures, the client SPS Project scope, the dynamics of the field business case, and a clear understanding of the dynamics of the Oil & Gas industry.
In considering the technical approach, it is expected that the candidate has a strong costing and commercial competence, aimed at reducing Cost, Schedule, Resources and Risk associated with System, as well as Product, Solutions. Essential Responsibilities:
- ITO Lead Systems engineer shall be part of the Pursuit Phase Management Team, driving innovative and cost effective system solution offerings.
- Ensure discipline engineers align with standard processes & design practices across regions
- Engage early in the client relation cycle, driving the philosophy of engaging discipline engineering from Sales Support throughout the Pursuit Lifecycle to Hardware Contract Award.
- Work with Product & Project Fulfilment, to drive out cost from system solutions.]
- Work with the Product Lines to drive towards standard, configurable solutions and away from bespoke designs, while maximizing ITT compliance.
- Support and drive the implementation of Requirements Capture and PLM to improve effectiveness and minimize project risk
- Ensures Design Review validation through the Pursuit Phase.
- Works closely with the SPS Regional and Global teams covering CommOps, Sales and supporting functions, to ensure a strong product awareness and communication across regions.
- Act as technical PoC for Voice of Customer (VoC), ensuring their requirements are flowed back into the business.
- Responsible for driving ITO (Tender Phase) to OTR (Execution Phase) Handover and gaining sign off from Project as complete.
- Promote and drive cross region training, from product and systems to commercial and operational, including development and maintenance of Training & Development/ competency matrix
- Mentoring individuals in Pursuit Team, irrespective of discipline
- Ability to travel globally to connect with client and internal teams to promote and sell optimized system solutions utilizing standard product offerings wherever possible.
- Good interpersonal skills, capable of representing the company at any client level. Exhibit technical competence and positivity to win respect from client immediately when faced with limited exposure.
- Drive engineering communications and promotion of wider knowledge and product awareness
- Educated to Degree level in a relevant subject to this position.
- Strong related experience, with preference to individuals with strong product systems background
- Astute in the areas of value definition of Subsea Production System architectures, and ability to articulate same into client value proposition.
- Shall demonstrate a broad knowledge of workflows, processes, and procedures within engineering
- Strong technical problem solving
- Resilient & persistent under all circumstances; working to heavy workloads as they arise, maintaining deliverables on time.
- A member of a professional body e.g. IEE, ideally a CEng
- Strong skillset within areas of project scheduling and project risk definition & remediation.
This is your opportunity to learn more, do more, live the career you have imagined and be part of a truly diverse organization
Baker Hughes is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law. Learn more