Skills: WellSite Supervisor
Experience: 7 + Years
Education: Associates/2 yr Degree/Diploma
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
Salary: To define
Location: Aberdeen, United Kingdom
No location/work authorization restrictions found.
With over 125 years of experience, KCA Deutag is one of the world's leading drilling and engineering contractors working onshore and offshore with a focus on safety, quality and operational performance. We operate approximately 100 drilling rigs in over 20 countries employing more than 8000 people in Africa, Europe, Russia, the Middle East, the Caspian Sea, South East Asia and The Americas.
Who We Are Looking For
The Operations Superintendent will support the Operations Integrity Manager to promote and drive effective operational integrity across offshore drilling operations
- Propose actions to sustain the delivery of sustained improvements in operational and HSE performance
- Provide technical support and input to commercial tender submissions across the Offshore Business Unit
- Provide ad hoc technical support to in-country management teams
- Monitor performance against contractual KPIs to identify measures that maximise delivery against contractual expectations.
- Provide in-country teams support to ensure safe effect trouble-free; start-up of new operations, major rig upgrade/modification and the take-over of existing operations
- Undertake Performance Improvement Investigation (PII) investigations for significant events
- Monitor the effectiveness of; performance contracts, HSE plans, (training) programmes and performance improvement activities and contribute to their revision and update as necessary
- Ensure that relevant KPI and performance data is gathered and reported in a consistent and reliable manner and problem solving is both effective and efficient
Key Skills & Experience
- Previous well engineering experience essential
- Well engineering qualifications desired
- Degree desired
- Strong operational background - knowledge of complete well lifecycle.
- Flexible to support country operations and travel/go offshore if required.
What We Offer
- Competitive Pay & Benefits package
- Structured Training, Development & Career Progression
- Global Opportunities (if this is relevant)
Aberdeen - there will be requirements for offshore and international trips.
Please note that if your legal right to work in the UK is subject to special conditions or if you're not currently entitled to work in the UK then you will need to specify these in your application cover letter or CV.
About KCA Deutag
KCA Deutag is currently the drilling contractor on 31 offshore platforms worldwide. The company also owns and operates a fleet of 77 land drilling rigs. Our six Core Values define 'the KCA Deutag way' and are underpinned by our Policies, Standards and Procedures. They help guide our business approach and culture and our people in working safely, effectively and ethically across our operations.