Responsible for shaping activities and deploying resources for the specialism in line with business goals, driving continuous improvement in systems and processes, overseeing implementation of the relevant standards and contributing to strategic development for the specialism to ensure that deliverables continue to successfully meet the needs of the context. Specialisms: Business Interface; Data Management and Data Science; Digital Innovation.Role Synopsis
As the IT Service Portfolio Owner for AWS security, you will be accountable for building and running a portfolio of Security IT Services. IT Services are how we deliver IT products that help BP solve problems, deliver value and operate safely and responsibly. The choices you make will determine the success of those IT products in meeting that challenge.
Your mission is to be the IT provider of choice to your area of BP - delivering innovation at speed where it's wanted, and day-in-day-out reliability where it's needed. Key Accountabilities
Team: Your priority is to grow and develop the capability of your teams to deliver the most agile and commercially cost-effective solutions.
Safety and Compliance: Safety of our people and our customers is our No. 1 priority. You will advocate and lead in this and promote a culture security in everything that we do.
Technology: You will be supported by an architecture function which will partner with you to agree the most suitable technology and operating model choices.
Leading change: Service Owners drive an efficient and effective lifecycle IT Services from inception through to retirement - crafting, agreeing and leading the service strategy. Essential Education and Experience
A Bachelor's (or higher) degree from a recognized institute of higher learning, focused in Information Security.
Two of the following:
- Experience running several IT operations teams - responsible for delivering reliable and commercially efficient operations
- Experience of an IT business interface role with senior stakeholders - successfully balancing business demands with enterprise drivers, being the face of IT to the business
- Experience of leading IT large projects or programmes - securing investment, running governance, selecting solutions and vendors, planning, and running through to operations.
- A real passion for technology and its power to drive business efficiency, value and innovation
- Experience leading several large teams ("manager of manager") with a focus on growing and developing talent and building an inclusive culture
- Experience in managing vendors and relationships in both matrix and line management models in a geographically diverse environment.
- A deep understanding of the business or functional area of BP which the Service supports - its strategy, its market, its challenges, its processes
- A deep understanding of the technologies in use in the Service, their strengths, weaknesses, lifecycle and competitors
- Mastery of business processes used to manage a corporate IT department, such as financial planning and management, risk management, acquiring and retaining talent.
Leadership and EQ:
- Empowering People at all times - ensures that individuals in their teams with the expertise have the power to make decisions, at the lowest possible level.
Specific capabilities of the Role:
- Deep Knowledge of AWS Security
- Excellent Security Engineering Knowledge
- Experience in Running Information Security Engineering Teams and specially on the AWS platform
- Industry Certifications like CISSP, CRISC and CISM as well as Experience and knowledge in Secure Architectures (E.g. SABSA)
- Able to translate technical security
- Deep Network Security Skills
- Implementation of Native AWS security Tooling
- Good Knowledge of implementation of Automated Security Testing and continuous delivery and deployment (CI/CD) and Security as Code
- Experienced in Security Engineering subject areas like Cryptography
- Relationship Management (5)
- Application Support (5)
- IT management (5)