Other Skills: Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting/Finance; Chartered Accountant; Profit & Loss; Budget; Forecasting; Variance Analyses
Experience: 5 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
Location: London, United Kingdom
In order to apply for this position, applicants MUST meet the following criteria. If your resume does not match these criteria, you will not be able to apply for this position.
Authorized to work in: United Kingdom
On behalf of our client, we have a superb permanent opportunity for an experienced SENIOR ACCOUNTANT to join their team based in London, UK.
The Senior Accountant reports to, and supports the Cost Controller in the provision of timely and accurate financial reporting for Division and Corporate management. The Senior Accountant assists with the preparation of budgets/forecast and helps to maintain accurate legal entity financial records including VAT filings and payroll related filings. The Senior Accountant assists the Finance Manager to monitor the Division's compliance with controls, AFE's, accounting policies and procedures. In addition, the Senior Accountant helps prepare for annual internal & external audits and assists with other ad-hoc financial projects when required.
- Assist in the timely preparation, input and maintenance of accurate financial records
- Assist with the preparation and analysis of accounting statements and financial reports
- Assist with the preparation of VAT returns for the UK and Netherlands, ensuring that submission deadlines are met
- Assist with the personnel cost and social security filings for UK and Netherlands
- Assist with the compilation and submission of monthly forecasts, and assist in the preparation of annual operating budgets
- Perform monthly, quarterly and yearly variance analyses comparing budget and forecasts with actuals, and provide other analysis as requested
- Maintain and analyse general ledger accounts
- Review and process invoice/expense reports
- Coding and approval of incoming invoices from vendors
- Preparation of external and intercompany invoices to clients
- Work with Corporate Treasury to ensure funds are maintained in local bank accounts
- Ensure surplus funds are transferred to the Corporate Treasury Department
- Ensure bank balances are reconciled to bank statements and any differences are satisfactorily explained
- Support management to ensure compliance with all internal control procedures
- Assist with ensuring compliance with the Division and The Company's AFE, spending and accounting policies and procedures
- Provide assistance and support for any internal & external audits as required
- Maintain files as necessary for department recordkeeping
- Take personal responsibility for own continued professional development, and undertake training as required
- Perform other duties, complete additional tasks and support ad-hoc projects as required by management
The ideal candidate MUST be a Chartered Accountant, and MUST hold a Bachelor's Degree in Accounting and/or Finance. Be approachable and maintain open and transparent communication with team, internal and external stakeholders and management team. Develop good working relationships with Divisional and Corporate colleagues and external stakeholders, as required. Represent the Company in a professional manner both on and off the job to include confidentiality of Company and Client business. Model the Company's Core Values of honesty, integrity, safety, environmental stewardship, respect and performance.