Job Description Purpose
The Field Operations Manager will provide leadership in all aspects of the field management and is responsible for operational HSSE in the concession and the asset integrity of the Integrated Production System. The incumbent will be the senior Shell representative in the concession and key Shell spokesperson to the local community. The Field Opertions Manager will be responsible for the planning and execution of the field operations necessary to realise the production targets. Collaboration with partners is key to maximise availability and value. Accountabilities
- Ensure HSE rules and regulations are enforced and that operational, maintenance, logistics, wells and project activities are executed safely and efficiently
- Responsible for contractor HSE performance and awareness, in particular adherence to Oman Shell Road Safety regulations is regarded as a priority.
- To ensure that the operational activities on the assets comply with all statutory and Shell corporate requirements
- Deliver the asset production plan for gas and condensate production within specified quality, GHG/Environmental permit and costs, with full accountability for the production, export and disposal of waste streams.
- Accountable for executing the operational work program and to achieve the budgetary and unit operating cost targets.
- Lead, manage and inspire the Upstream Operations Team to deliver as promised on agreed company objectives.
- Accountable for driving the production organization to top quartile production & cost performance benchmarked against peers.
- Accountable for the preparation and implementation of short- and long-term operating plans, annual budgeting for the upstream gas assets maximising the integrated value chain.
- Responsible for the field implementation of critical Asset Management System (AMS) processes, such as Integrated Activity Planning, Ensure Safe Production, Manage Equipment Care, Maintenance Execution, corrosion management, inspection management, Manage Supply Chain etc., based on Shell's best practice.
- Responsible for the implementation of proper daily production reporting, well testing and metering.
- Supervision of the field support team consisting of Logistics, supply chain warehouse, IT, security and an accommodation camp and catering contractor
Ways of working
- The role is critical for implementing a structured approach to integrated work, promoting an effective decision-based activity & resource planning for the Concession.
- Implement Visible Safety Leadership to drive continuous improvement of safety culture and performance across the asset.
- Maximise use of company logistics resources and field accommodation by company and contractors.
- Promoting a roving team approach with once a month visits to well site locations by company and contract staff
- Maximise use of CWE and WFRM practices as well as digitalization technologies (e.g. drones) as enablers to maintain and optimize staff and contractor activities /presence in the field
- To co-ordinate and optimize the short- and medium-term integrated Operations Plans with Programming department in Muscat
- To liaise with Field Development and Projects Engineering departments in Muscat in order to pursue surface and sub-surface facility improvements.
- To liaise with Oman Shell functional departments
- Building a strong and effective relationship with partners (government, local community, HSE/inspection bodies etc.) is essential
- Continually assess the capability of Operations team and utilising strong change management skills, implement any changes that may be required to achieve a team capable of delivering immediate and future business objectives.
Towards RFSU of phase 1 this position will become a field based rotational 14/14 position. Company Description
Shell in Oman has been a partner in the country's remarkable development and progress over the last several decades. In Shell, we have been providing pioneering technologies and expertise in the energy industry and creating value for the community that we have proudly been long part of.Requirements
- Degree in a production engineering or (sub-) surface engineering technical discipline
- Minimum of 15 experience in a senior operational management role in the upstream oil and gas industry with operational experience in various production operations and maintenance operations, including sub-surface techniques.
- Must have demonstrable experience in successfully managing production / Operations of a tight gas or unconventional gas field.
- Extensive Field/ Concession Management experience in a Brownfield environment with other production operators in the same geographical area.
- In depth knowledge of Exploration & Production operations, Maintenance & inspection, Well Engineering, Field development, production forecasting & programming, and Integrated Activity Planning.
- Proven ability to engage with various levels of Management teams and senior stakeholder representatives.
- Can demonstrate Management experience with well intervention, projects and operations
- Certified competency assessor would be a differentiating plus
- Proven ability to articulate the organisation's vision, embracing stretched targets and bringing the organisation along to achieve outstanding performance
- Highly developed skills in business, operational and project risk identification, assessment and management.
- Excellent people management and a proven ability to build a community and operating culture in the field.
- Ability to prepare business cases suitable for use as the basis of making large investment decisions
- Skills in strategic planning and execution of strategy to autonomously lead business to achieve Company objectives
- Ability to assess priorities and allocate scarce resources within an environment of competing priorities
- Experienced with change management, Continuous Improvement /LEAN certified.
- Demonstrated commitment to Safety Thinking each and every day
- Must be a self-start, highly motivated manager
- Must have a proven track record to create, coach and develop an operational team.
- Excellent communicator and role model.
- Strong interpersonal, motivation and influencing skills to develop synergy, trust, and credibility among varied interfaces Passionate to continuously improve and lead change.
- Embraces and drives the application of information, automation, digitalization technologies
Please note: We occasionally amend or withdraw jobs and reserve the right to do so at any time, including prior to the advertised closing date.
Before applying, you are advised to read our data protection policy. This policy describes the processing that may be associated with your personal data and informs you that your personal data may be transferred to Royal Dutch/ Group companies around the world.
The Group and its approved recruitment consultants will never ask you for a fee to process or consider your application for a career with . Anyone who demands such a fee is not an authorised representative and you are strongly advised to refuse any such demand.
is an Equal Opportunity Employer.