Skills: Planner / Scheduler, Supply Chain Management
Education: High School/Secondary
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
Location: The Hague, South Holland, Netherlands
No location/work authorization restrictions found.
Where you fit in
Supply Chain is a critical enabler for RDS to achieve its ambition to become the World Class Investment Case.
Manage Supply Chain (MSC) Team is the Global Centre of Excellence supporting the delivery of a competitively differentiated inbound Supply Chain for Shell. The group works across Lines of Business: Upstream, Integrated Gas/New Energies, and Downstream operated and non-operated ventures. Being responsible for delivery of Supply Chain strategies and solutions, including innovations and digitalization, and drive aspirational targets of the company. Within MSC, not only benchmark against traditional Oil and Gas majors will be done but the challenge is also to catch up with- or even beat leading supply chains like Technology (Amazon, Uber), Automotive (BMW) and Fast Mover Consumer Goods (Unilever).
Picturing the future of Supply Chain robotics, Internet of Things, machine learning, 3D printing, and blockchain probably come to mind. As the continued transition towards a faster-paced and connected world, new agile ways of working are required to adopt these and other technologies in MSC. We promote a mindset that prioritizes frontline obsession, innovation & replication, simplicity & focus, and long-term problem-solving. Hands-on support, driving intimacy with business partners across all Lines of Businesses and co-creating solutions that transform Shell's Supply Chain - it is what we do.
What's the role?
This role is responsible for developing best practices relating to demand planning across all inbound supply chain elements (materials, people, logistics, services, etc) and for supporting the MSC planning roadmap and ongoing improvements. Supply Chain Planning is seen as a transformational area of focus for improving E2E SC performance. The role will be key to setting up the new SC Planning capability (process, people and digital tools) globally.
The Global Planning Lead, reporting to the MSC Global Planning and Optimisation Manager, is part of the Global MSC Team, whose purpose is to support assets to achieve Shell's "road to No.1" through a safe, effective, innovative and integrated customer-focused Supply Chain."
- Develop best in class capability for MSC Demand and Capacity Planning matching MSC resources supply with demand to drive business value through improved availability of materials, people and services at optimal cost
- Drive the development of the roadmap and long term strategy for demand planning processes, tools and techniques to support business objectives.
- Champion, review and maintain relevant methodologies, best practices/process documentation for demand and capacity planning to ensure that they are up-to-date and fit-for-purpose.
- Develop a robust and world-class demand planning methodology with internal and external best practice inputs
- Business application owner for MSC demand planning digital tools, work with IT and Digital and Innovation Lead to drive the development of relevant tools, data analytics, and KPIs to support MSC Planning
- Support the Regional Planning Leads and Assets to deploy global methodology /solutions delivering value hands-on
- Support MSC Planning & Optimisation Manager in developing a clear competency and training framework for demand planning staff in assets, aligned with recommended practices and processes
- Work with other Global MSC team counterparts and other stakeholders (e.g. IT) to ensure the demand planning strategy is aligned with the overall MSC strategy
Location & travel
The role can be based from either The Hague or London. Global business travel is required.
Shell Nederland BV is a platform for international collaboration, with Shell offering direct employment to around ten thousand people in the Netherlands alone, including roughly 2,800 non-Dutch employees from around 80 countries. Diversity is key at Shell Nederland, and our employees reflect the innovation that stems from a diverse workforce. By joining Shell Nederland, you will benefit from an unrivalled industry-leading development programme that will see you tap into a pool of expert knowledge that will help propel your career. Shell Nederland is the holding company of most Shell companies operating in the Netherlands. Shell Nederland also has an advisory and coordinating role in numerous areas.
An innovative place to work
There's never been a more exciting time to work at Shell. Everyone here is helping solve one of the biggest challenges facing the world today: bringing the benefits of energy to everyone on the planet, whilst managing the risks of climate change.
Join us and you'll add your talent and imagination to a business with the power to shape the future - whether by investing in renewables, exploring new ways to store energy or developing technology that helps the world to use energy more efficiently.
An inclusive place to work
To power progress together, we need to attract and develop the brightest minds and make sure every voice is heard. Here are just some of the ways we're nurturing an inclusive environment - one where you can express your ideas, extend your skills and reach your potential...
- We're creating a space where people with disabilities can excel through transparent recruitment process, workplace adjustments and ongoing support in their roles. Feel free to let us know about your circumstances when you apply and we'll take it from there.
- We're closing the gender gap - whether that's through action on equal pay or by enabling more women to reach senior roles in engineering and technology.
- We're striving to be a pioneer of an inclusive and diverse workplace, promoting equality for employees regardless of sexual orientation or gender identity.
- We consider ourselves a flexible employer and want to support you in finding the right balance. We encourage you to discuss this with us in your application.
A rewarding place to work
Combine our creative, collaborative environment and global operations with an impressive range of benefits and joining Shell becomes an inspired career choice.
We're huge advocates for career development. We'll encourage you to try new roles and experience new settings. By pushing people to reach their potential, we frequently help them find skills they never knew they had, or make career moves they never thought possible.
What we need from you
- Extensive experience in a supply chain environment in Business leadership, Consulting or Planning role.
- Expert in Demand & Supply planning
- Expert in doing, not just designing concepts, he/she builds prototypes and assists implementation.
- He/she is business smart and sees a direct line from technical expertise to product excellence to business success, and understands the value of all three
- Experience in process design / continuous improvement/process excellence roles
- Strong consulting skills. Experienced program facilitator and effective communicator. He/she expresses himself/herself with flair and even charisma, either one-to-one or one-to-many
- Strong background in networking relationship development and management
- Ability to work in highly ambiguous environments and demonstrated the ability to perform in high-pressure environments
- Commercial mindset
- Proven ability to work without close supervision and in team settings
- Proven ability to work on multiple projects at one time
- Recognised leader with a proven track record of success
- Demonstrated Enterprise First behaviour and presents a global mindset
- Demonstrated ability to perform in high-pressure environments
Please note: We occasionally amend or withdraw Shell jobs and reserve the right to do so at any time, including prior to the advertised closing date.
Before applying, you are advised to read our data protection policy. This policy describes the processing that may be associated with your personal data and informs you that your personal data may be transferred to Royal Dutch/Shell Group companies around the world.
The Shell Group and its approved recruitment consultants will never ask you for a fee to process or consider your application for a career with Shell. Anyone who demands such a fee is not an authorised Shell representative and you are strongly advised to refuse any such demand.
Shell is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Learn More about Shell: Watch their Life at Shell Video