Geologist is a key member of Geoscience and Petroleum Engineering team. He/she will provide geoscience input to multi-disciplinary projects, from frontier exploration through discovery appraisal to field development and production.
This role will do hands-on work of geological interpretation from wellbore-scale into field-scale, technical and coaching presentations, generate reports, and some business development involvement. Performs discipline-specific interpretation and analysis using appropriate, state-of-the-art techniques to provide Best In Class solutions for the client.
Presents data, interpretations, and reports to clients either individually or as part of the larger project team. Job Responsibilities (Skills/Knowledge)
Job Qualifications (Education/Experience/Training)
- Data QC and review of G&G information (e.g. mudlogs, core data, well logging data, petrophyiscal/geological report, seismic acquisition report, etc)
- Working on log corrections and analysis, lithology determination, pay-zone identification, formation water analysis, porosity and permeability calculation, rock typing for clastic and carbonate reservoir, saturation model, saturation height function
- Interpret 2D/3D seismic horizons and faults
- Develop geology conceptual model, sequence stratigraphy, paleogeography reconstruction and depositional environment
- Generate full-field / reservoir geological static model
- Support geomechanics project from G&G perspective
- Technical presentation and generate reports
- Support Product Lines to provide best technical evaluation
- Excellent problem solving skills with a drive for results.
- Must be action oriented, ethical in value, and have a strong client focus.
- Excellent written and verbal communication.
- Must be highly motivated with excellent analytical and interpersonal skills.
- Demonstrates knowledge of geological interpretation and analysis.
- Solid understanding of Drilling and Evaluation business.
- Basic project management skills.
- Master's Degree in Geoscience or related earth science discipline with minimum 3 years relevant work experience or PhD on Geoscience or related earth science discipline with minimum 1year relevant work experience.
- Experience on clastic shaly-sand / thin-bed and carbonate fracture reservoir
- Strong varied petrophysical & geological background experience
- Have experiences in both onshore, offshore basins around China is preferred
- Familiar with petrophysical and geommodelling softwares
- Valid to work in China
- Fluent in speaking and writing in English and Chinese