Role title: Reservoir Engineer Advisor
Reservoir Engineer advisor is a key member of Geoscience and Petroleum Engineering team. He/she will provide reservoir engineering input to multi-disciplinary projects, from frontier exploration through discovery appraisal to field development and production.
This role will do hands-on work of reservoir engineering analysis for integrated subsurface studies from wellbore-scale into field-scale, technical and coaching presentations, generate reports, and some business development involvement.
Performs discipline-specific interpretation and analysis using appropriate, state-of-the-art techniques to provide Best In Class solutions for the client. Presents data, interpretations, and reports to clients either individually or as part of the larger project team.
May lead small project teams or manage simple projects. Handles special projects, as assigned.Job Responsibilities (Skills/Knowledge)
Hands-on work and advice for reservoir engineering discipline in wellbore-scale, full-field review and subsurface works
Job Qualifications (Education/Experience/Training)
- Data QC and review of reservoir and petroleum engineering information
- Analyze quantity and quality, then identify issues, risks and uncertainties
- Derive rock and reservoir properties, pressure examination, material balance model and history matching
- Construct simulation, dynamic model and production prediction
- Hands-on work on primary, secondary and tertiary oil recovery for particular projects
- Advise on production technology, upper and lower completions
- Support on reservoir engineering related logging technologies technical evaluation
- Technical presentation and generate reports
- Support Product Lines to provide best technical evaluation
- Excellent problem solving skills with a drive for results.
- Must be action oriented, ethical in value, and have a strong client focus.
- Excellent written and verbal communication.
- Must be able to work both independently and as part of multi-disciplined teams working with an extensive client base.
- Must be highly motivated with excellent analytical and interpersonal skills.
- Demonstrates knowledge of reservoir engineering interpretation and analysis.
- Good project management skills.
- Ability to advise clients on reservoir engineering matters and provides solutions
- Master / Phd degree in Reservoir Engineering or related disciplines
- 10+ years experiences in reservoir engineering with an operating or service company
- Knowledgeable on clastic and carbonate reservoir
- Experiences in unconventional and underground gas storage will be preferred
- Strong varied reservoir engineering background
- Have international experiences outside China will be advantageous
- Have experiences in both onshore, offshore basins around China is required
- Familiar with reservoir engineering software for simulation including Eclipse, CMG, TNavgator and Proper etc
- Valid to work in China
- Fluent in speaking and writing in English and Chinese