Lake Charles, Louisiana, United States
Lake Charles, Louisiana, United States
Skills: HR - General, HR - Recruitment
Experience: 3 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
Location: Lake Charles, Louisiana, United States
No location/work authorization restrictions found.
Requisition ID: 83748
Project HR Generalist
In this role, you will be involved in all aspects of human resources and manage a variety of special projects. Working directly with the senior human resource generalist, you will establish strong partnerships with key leaders and execute initiatives related to attracting, developing and retaining a talented and engaged workforce.
This is a project based position and will be onsite at a construction project. Candidates must be able to move out to the job sites for extended periods of time.
• Manage processes and policies relating to day-to-day human resource operations and compliance.
• Partner with Centers of Excellence to meet customer needs and execute the human resource business plan.
• Consult with management to facilitate initiatives that support employee performance, engagement, and retention.
• Sponsor an effective on-boarding process to ensure consistent messaging across the organization.
• Facilitate the annual performance review process and provide coaching and support to managers and employees.
• Execute projects including business plan initiatives, communications, results tracking and reporting.
• Provide guidance and support to managers in the areas of performance management, employee relations and career development.
• Lead with continuous improvement mindset to positively impact employee engagement.
• Build and maintain relationships with all levels of employees.
• Utilize and implement various human resource information systems (HRIS) and provide support to employees and managers.
• Proven experience with the key responsibilities defined above with at least three years in a human resource generalist role
• Bachelor's degree in human resource management, business administration or a related field
• Experience leading the execution of key human resource initiatives
• Ability to handle confidential information in strict confidence and with great sensitivity
• Understanding of current federal, state, local, and case law changes and the ability to monitor labor law updates
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills; strong interpersonal and facilitation skills
• Ability to effectively work with employees at all levels of the organization
• Ability to establish solid business partner relationships
• High energy with the ability to energize others
• Ability to autonomously attack problems while driving solutions collaboratively in a team environment
• Enjoys a challenge and is committed to being a team member in a high-performance organization
• Ability to travel approximately 10% of the time primarily in the United States and Canada
As one of North America's largest, most respected construction and engineering organizations, with 2018 revenues of $9 billion, Kiewit exists to make a difference. We improve and connect communities across the United States, Canada, and Mexico through complex projects in transportation, water/wastewater, power, oil, gas and chemical, building, industrial and mining. Our services are as diverse as the skills of our 20,000-strong workforce to whom we provide challenging, honest work in a caring and collaborative culture. A sense of adventure, pride and fulfillment is built into every career at Kiewit.
How We're Different
• Consistently ranked within the top five of the "Top 400 Contractors" according to Engineering News-Record
• Top-tier health, dental and vision insurance available from Day One of employment
• 401K savings plan that includes company dollar-for-dollar match on contributions up to 6 percent of base pay
• Our employees are entitled to accrue at least 20 days paid time off each year
• We spend an average of $8,500 per employee each year on training and career development and reimburse up to $5,250 per year in outside tuition costs
Kiewit is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
Nearest Major Market: Lake Charles
Job Segment: Engineer, Chemical Research, Information Systems, Business Manager, HR, Engineering, Technology, Management, Human Resources