Company: Baker Hughes
Skills: Mechanical Engineering, Modeling, Subsea Engineering
Experience: 8 + Years
Education: Masters Degree
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
Location: ABERDEEN, United Kingdom
No location/work authorization restrictions found.
The role requires solid background in Structural analysis using ANSYS packages and global riser analysis using Flexcom. Experiences in structural analysis for Subsea Applications are essential. The candidate should have a good understanding of modeling and simulation along with excellent academic background.
· Carry out detailed engineering analysis on subsea equipment to ensure equipment is safe to use and meets Industry Standard and customer's requirements.
· Ensure correct techniques are applied in engineering analysis including:
Finite Element Analysis (FEA)
Conductor and Riser Analysis
· Ensure correct interpretation of specification requirements with regard to engineering analysis, eg:
Relevant International Codes and Standards
Allowable stress levels
Fatigue S-N curves
· Work with global team to execute Oil & Gas structural analysis for Engineering Procurement & Construction (EPC) as well as for early engineering project for major oil companies.
· Be responsible for evaluation and reporting of structural simulation results working with the SPS Seniors and Chief Engineer.
· Drive advanced solutions for our customer projects, for new technologies and products development.
· Promote and ensure compliance to Baker Hughes and regulatory HSE requirements & expectations at all time
· Compliance with our customers and projects HSE Plan, as well as all Quality Plan related requirements
· Master's degree in mechanical engineering or a related discipline
· At least 8 years working experience, where at least 4 years working as an analysis engineer for Subsea applications with focus on field development, EPC execution including 2D / 3D modeling and analysis.
· Deep knowledge of commercial finite element analysis software packages such as ANSYS.
· Experiences in using computation mesh generation software, such as ANSYS Design Modeler, etc.
· Fluent English in oral and written, and excellent communication and presentation skills.
· Goal oriented; used to producing high quality results to tight deadlines - on time quality delivery.
· Comfortable presenting technical study results to customers
· MSc or BSc in Mechanical Engineering, Applied Mathematics, or equivalent knowledge and experience
· Deep knowledge of Mathcad & ANSYS or equivalent analytical tools & proven track record
· Understanding of the oil and gas industry and the requirements for reliable and robust solutions for industrial applications, and Subsea industry
· Demonstrated aptitude to face new challenges and continuously develop expertise and experience
· Project management and systems engineering experience
· Quality certification, such as Six-Sigma Green Belt certification
· Stoneywood, Aberdeen
This is your opportunity to learn more, do more, live the career you have imagined and be part of a truly diverse organization
Baker Hughes is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law. Learn more