You are the data architect for a function within our Upstream segment. You are critical in enabling the business to achieve its ambition of becoming the undisputed digital leader by leveraging both your expertise in data architecture and knowledge of the business process and the data domain. You work with delivery squads in planning and building re-usable data products. You have a keen interest in technologies in the data space, particularly in analytics, MDM, data modelling and integration services. You are a collaborative team player, willing and able to share knowledge and ask others for help when needed.
You believe that success in data architecture depends the combination of different skills and knowledge and you are capable of influencing and driving a geographically disparate group to achieve effective business outcomes. Through fostering effective relationships, you are able to gain a deep understanding of business need and priorities and input into the decision making process to balance short-term delivery with long term sustainability. You will operate in a dynamic and delivery focused environment, with the resources of one of the world's most forward-thinking IT departments and leading IT vendors. You are confident and comfortable working across cultures and can help make sure the voice of each team member is heard.Key Accountabilities
Leadership and EQ:
- Team: You lead by influence and play an integral role in a network of experts across critical areas and demonstrating your leadership values through delegation, motivation and trust.
- Architecture: You rigorously develop data architectures, seeking practical solutions that optimize and reuse capabilities. You will care passionately about the integrity of the capabilities developed. You will invoke significant change by enabling reuse of data across business value chains.
- Relationships: You will build strong relationships across the business and IT. You will understand the long-term needs of the products you are developing, and enable delivery by building a rapport with team members both inside and outside of BP.
- Technology: You are an excellent technologist, you have a passion for understanding and learning. You will bring good hands on skills in key technologies, and an ability to rapidly assess new technologies with a commercial mindset.
- Safety and Compliance: Safety of our people and our customers is our highest priority. We will advocate and help ensure our architectures, designs and processes enhance a culture of operational safety and improve our digital security.
- Within the team(s) they operate in, notices morale and works to positively influence this
- Embraces a culture of change and agility, evolving continuously, adapting to our changing world.
- Effective team player naturally looks beyond own area/organisational boundaries to consider the bigger picture and/or perspective of others, and builds trust-based relationships with leaders and employees across IT&S and BP.
- Is self-aware and actively seeks input from others on impact and effectiveness.
- Applies judgment and common sense at scale - able to use insight and good judgement to deliver commercially sound, efficient and pragmatic decisions and solutions and to respond to situations as they arise.
- Ensures personal compliance with BP's Code of Conduct and demonstrates strong leadership of BP's Leadership Expectations and Values & Behaviours.
- Cultural fluency - able to operate successfully across cultural boundaries with sensitivity.
Essential Experience and Job Requirements
- A Bachelor's (or higher) degree from a recognized institute of higher learning, ideally focused in Computer Science, MIS/IT, Mathematics, Engineering or a hard science.
- A confirmed background in data architecture with real-world experience as part of a team designing and delivering large IT projects. This will include the delivery of conceptual and logical data models.
- Deep-seated functional knowledge of data related technologies. You are comfortable rolling up your sleeves, getting involved, and diving into delivery challenges.
- Experience in building and leading a tight-knit team of data experts. You accomplish exceptional outcomes in a respectful and supportive culture.
- A proven grasp of data architecture development and working in an agile environment. You adapt delivery techniques to drive outstanding project delivery.
- Experience developing others to build architecture capability across an organization
- Exposure to adjacent technology domains such as other platforms, networks, and cyber security.
- Interpersonal skills including the ability to relate complex topics in simple and accessible language.
• Data Modelling (5)
• MDM/RDM (4)
• Data Quality (3)
• Data integration (3)
• Systems Integration (3)
• Solution Architecture (3)
• Project Management/Agile (3)
• Systems Design (2)
• Emerging Technology Monitoring (1)
• Business Risk Management (1)
• Capacity Management (1)
• Information Assurance (4)
• Data Analysis (4)Desirable Criteria
- A demonstrable knowledge of exploration, reservoir development, or wells data and processes.
- Defined and managed reference architectures.
- Higher levels of proficiency in one or more relevant skills or competences deeper and more comprehensive experience, specifically in more complex and bigger projects experience in managing people.
- Higher levels of relevant accreditation or certifications.