Education: Masters Degree
Employment Type: Full Time Contractor
Location: Aberdeen, United Kingdom
In order to apply for this position, applicants MUST meet the following criteria. If your resume does not match these criteria, you will not be able to apply for this position.
Located in region: Europe
Our client is currently looking for an experienced Finance / Cost Controller to support the Accounting Department by performing clerical tasks, including processing and recording transactions, preparing reports and budgets, fielding communications with clients and vendors, fact checking, filing and other duties as required. Based in Aberdeen, full-time, on a temp to perm basis.
- Minimum 2:1 degree in Accountancy and Finance or another relevant Business studies course is required.
- Other education, experience, or additional certifications and licenses may be required.
Knowledge, Skills & Experience:
- Knowledge and experience in Sage 50 Accounts.
- Proficiency with Excel and other Microsoft Software.
- Exceptional time management, verbal and written communication skills.
- Knowledgeable in Accounting principles.
- Relevant work experience within the Oil and Gas Industry.
Key Responsibilities & Duties:
- To provide support to the Accounting department.
- Ensure that customer invoices are raised, and vendor invoices are processed in a timely manner.
- Handle communications with clients and vendors via phone, email and in-person.
- Prepare financial reports.
- Assist with audits, fact checks, and in resolving discrepancies.
- To support the month-end close and reporting process.
- Involvement and preparation of instructions and reporting associated with annual forecasts and budgets.
- Maintain strict confidentiality of sensitive information.
- Perform basic office tasks, such as filing, data entry, answering phone calls, processing invoicing mail, etc.
- Adhere to company's Quality Policy.
- Adhere to company's Quality Procedures in all aspects of their daily business.
- Contribute to the achievement of company's Quality Objectives.
- Understand how their day to day activities contribute to the overall effectiveness of the Quality Management System.
- Understand the implications of not conforming with company's Quality Management System Requirements.
- Commitment to working efficiently and accurately.
- Ability to multitask and remain motivated and positive.
- Professional manner and strong ethical code.
Bringing over 60 years of experience to the market, Petro People provide both tailored Recruitment Services and Upstream & Downstream Project Engineering & Management Solutions to the Oil & Energy Sector.
Petro People provide a tailored Recruitment Service to our clients globally and have amassed over 60 years of experience working exclusively in the Oil & Energy industry.
Using our 7 Stage Collaborative Model, we are perfectly positioned to support you in both permanent and contract positions onshore or offshore.
Based in the Oil & Gas capital of Europe, Petro People provide a full Turnkey Project Engineering & Management Service to our global Upstream & Downstream clients.
Whether we provide a full Project Management Team or a single discipline engineer, our experienced personnel form a crucial part of our clients operation and together they ensure that projects are delivered safely, on time, within budget and fully achieve the intended requirements.
Project Management including Support & Planning
Project Teams & Personnel
Brownfield and Greenfield FEED & Engineering Services
Construction & Pre-fabrication
Commissioning & Decommissioning
Logistics & Mobilisation
Recruitment & Payroll Solutions
Offshore Drilling services
SPS & UWILD Projects
Upgrade, Repair & Modification Projects
Stacking & Reactivation
Petrochemical / Refinery Project Personnel
Plant Upgrade / Repair or Modification projects
Commissioning & Decommissioning Services
FEED & Engineering Services
Please visit our website for more information on our Recruitment or Project Services.
Part of the Maxwell Drummond Group