Skills: Structural Engineering, Subsea Engineering
Education: Masters Degree
Employment Type: Full Time Contractor
Location: Montrose, United Kingdom
No location/work authorization restrictions found.
We're currently on the lookout for a Lead Structural Engineer to support our Montrose based client within their subsea team. With a specific focus on manifolds structural design, we are looking for someone to drive the overall design aspect, along with taking domain ownership of all associated engineering activities and secure full & best in class delivery to this important function.
Below is a few of the main requirements for the role:
- MSc or BSc in Civil/Structural Engineering or equivalent
- Extensive experience in structural engineering of subsea modules, foundations and template structures
- Proficient in the use of Sesam GeniE software for structural analyses
- Familiar with rules, regulations and code's within the Oil & Gas industry (ISO, Eurocode 3, DNV)
- Excellent technical knowledge about the foundation structures and the interaction to the geotechnical calculations
- Excellent technical understanding in static and dynamic load condition that drives the module structural design
- Generate functional design specifications and design basis
- Perform and participate in Design Reviews
- Technical responsible for structural engineering of subsea Manifolds
- Execute and facilitate the design and analysis on Manifolds using sound engineering principles and adhering to business standards, practices, procedures, and product requirements
- Perform optimization of structure on Manifolds
- Provide technical leadership to personnel supporting the assigned project
- Complete necessary structural design, reports and drawings for study, detail design required for the engineering of the structures
If you wish to be considered, please apply with your latest CV at your earliest convenience...candidates with relevant experience will be contacted for a confidential discussion.
Established in 1978, NES Global Talent provides a complete range of contract and permanent talent solutions to the Oil and Gas, Power, Construction and Infrastructure, Life Sciences, Manufacturing and IT sectors worldwide. With more than 40 offices in 28 countries, we are able to provide our clients with the engineering and technical expertise they need, wherever and whenever it is needed. Offering far more than a traditional recruitment service, we fully support our contractors while they are on assignment with everything from securing visas and work permits, to providing market leading benefits packages and accommodation, ensuring they are safely and compliantly able to support our clients.