Kapolei, Hawaii, United States
Kapolei, Hawaii, United States
Skills: Environmental, Safety & Training, Safety Engineering, Safety Officer
Experience: 1 + Years
Education: High School/Secondary
Location: Kapolei, Hawaii, United States
In order to apply for this position, applicants MUST meet the following criteria. If your resume does not match these criteria, you will not be able to apply for this position.
Authorized to work in: US
If you combine your safety background with initiative, innovation and the ability to work independently, this position offers you several unique opportunities:
- You will join at an exciting time, as we drive positive change following the acquisition of our second refinery -- you will be able to help shape the safety function moving forward.
- No two days will be the same, as the role involves managing existing programs, implementing new ones, and more.
- We operate the only refineries in the state, giving you be plenty of opportunities for professional development, from learning our industry to taking on a variety of intellectual challenges.
- Success could set you up to advance in our organization; in fact, the position is open because the incumbent was promoted.
- In addition to stability and security, Par Hawaii offers excellent pay and outstanding benefits. You'll also work a 9/80 schedule that will give you two 3-day weekends a month.
To meet the basic qualification for this role, you will have legal authorization to work permanently in the United States for any employer without requiring a visa transfer or visa sponsorship. In addition, to be a good fit for the Safety Coordinator opportunity, you will have:
- A college degree or equivalent years of experience. A degree in Occupational Safety and Health or similar field experience is preferred, as are relevant professional certifications or continuing education.
- 5+ years practical working experience in oil refining or related petrochemical industries, chemical plants, heavy manufacturing or utilities.
- The ability to collaborate with and influence people at all levels of the organization.
- Self-direction, initiative, and the ability to achieve goals with minimal supervision.
Based in Houston, Texas, Par Pacific Holdings, Inc. owns, manages and maintains interests in energy and infrastructure businesses in Hawaii, Wyoming, Colorado, Washington and Idaho. Our strategy is to identify, acquire and operate energy and infrastructure companies with attractive competitive positions. Par Pacific has an active, opportunistic growth strategy, and our management team has deep experience in the energy industry, as well as in leading mergers, acquisitions, and integrations of newly acquired companies. Our common stock is publicly traded on the NYSE MKT under the trading symbol "PARR".
Note: Par Pacific will not accept calls from third-party recruiters. All candidates are required to apply through this web posting.
We want you to be as selective as we are! For a detailed "Insider's View" of this position and to submit your resume, please click the apply button below.