We are looking for a genuinely curious thought-leader and supply chain innovator to be an integral part of our inbound supply chain transformation and road to world-class.
Where you fit in
Residing within the Contracting & Procurement organization, Supply Chain is a critical enabler for Shell to achieve its ambition to become the World Class Investment Case.
Manage Supply Chain (MSC) Team is the Global Centre of Excellence supporting the delivery of a competitively differentiated inbound Supply Chain for Shell. The group works across Lines of Business: Upstream, Integrated Gas/New Energies, and Downstream operated and non-operated ventures. The newly formed MSC Team is responsible for the delivery of Supply Chain strategies and solutions, including innovations and digitalization, and drives aspirational targets of the company.
Within MSC, not only benchmark against traditional Oil and Gas majors will be done but the challenge is also to catch up with- or even beat leading supply chains like Technology (Amazon, Uber), Automotive (BMW) and Fast Mover Consumer Goods (Unilever).
Picturing the future of Supply Chain like robotics, Internet of Things, machine learning, 3D printing, and blockchain probably come to mind. As the continued transition towards a faster-paced and connected world, new agile ways of working are required to adopt these and other technologies in MSC. We promote a mindset that prioritizes frontline obsession, innovation & replication, simplicity & focus, and long-term problem-solving.
What's the role?
The purpose of this role is to enable the enterprise to reach the next generation of digital transformation, a connected, transparent and secure supply chain that reduces costs while improving order fulfillment efficiency and responsiveness.
This critical role will lead a cross-functional indirect team to create a competitive advantage by leveraging connected devices along with intelligent digital capabilities and an optimized platform to capture and transform our supply chain digital landscape to an intuitive and intelligent supply chain.
Key Accountabilities include:
- Provide thought leadership help define the product roadmap through deep business partnership with supply chain partners and assess opportunities using a hypothesis-driven approach focused on measurable, high impact outcomes.
- Deliver the strategy and identify areas of focus, how to get there, and the sequence of activities required to meet the MSC goals.
- Coach and manage a team to install, test, and measure innovation pilots that will create increasing value through data capture and transformation.
- Develop the product roadmap that identifies where we will focus, how we will get there and the sequence of activities required to meet our goals.
- Understand the technical requirements of our partners and work closely with the internal development teams to guide the direction of the supply chain activities.
- Create tools and materials required to promote and socialize and implement supply chain capabilities throughout the enterprise.
- Work with development partners to prioritize work and ensure work focuses on those with maximum value that are aligned with product strategy
- Capture customer insights and provide the voice of customer feedback to enhance the digital product backlog
- Prepare and give detailed data-driven business reviews to senior leadership to provide visibility into progress, socialize learning, and drive additional investment/funding decisions
- Continuously monitor, review, and improve people, process, technology, and assets used to create value for the enterprise
Location & travelThe role can be based from either The Hague, Houston or London. You must have the legal right to work in one of those locations. The role will require global travel to various assets and hub offices in order to understand the needs of your customers. Company Description
Shell Nederland BV is a platform for international collaboration, with Shell offering direct employment to around ten thousand people in the Netherlands alone, including roughly 2,800 non-Dutch employees from around 80 countries. Diversity is key at Shell Nederland, and our employees reflect the innovation that stems from a diverse workforce. By joining Shell Nederland, you will benefit from an unrivalled industry-leading development programme that will see you tap into a pool of expert knowledge that will help propel your career. Shell Nederland is the holding company of most Shell companies operating in the Netherlands. Shell Nederland also has an advisory and coordinating role in numerous areas.
An innovative place to work
There's never been a more exciting time to work at Shell. Everyone here is helping solve one of the biggest challenges facing the world today: bringing the benefits of energy to everyone on the planet, whilst managing the risks of climate change.
Join us and you'll add your talent and imagination to a business with the power to shape the future - whether by investing in renewables, exploring new ways to store energy or developing technology that helps the world to use energy more efficiently.
An inclusive place to work
To power progress together, we need to attract and develop the brightest minds and make sure every voice is heard. Here are just some of the ways we're nurturing an inclusive environment - one where you can express your ideas, extend your skills and reach your potential...
- We're creating a space where people with disabilities can excel through transparent recruitment process, workplace adjustments and ongoing support in their roles. Feel free to let us know about your circumstances when you apply and we'll take it from there.
- We're closing the gender gap - whether that's through action on equal pay or by enabling more women to reach senior roles in engineering and technology.
- We're striving to be a pioneer of an inclusive and diverse workplace, promoting equality for employees regardless of sexual orientation or gender identity.
- We consider ourselves a flexible employer and want to support you finding the right balance. We encourage you to discuss this with us in your application.
A rewarding place to work
Combine our creative, collaborative environment and global operations with an impressive range of benefits and joining Shell becomes an inspired career choice.
We're huge advocates for career development. We'll encourage you to try new roles and experience new settings. By pushing people to reach their potential, we frequently help them find skills they never knew they had, or make career moves they never thought possible.Requirements
What we need from you
- Demonstrated work experience in new product introductions, procurement, supply planning, manufacturing experience working with product development lifecycle
- Relevant experience in creating, iterating, and improving end-to-end global Supply Chains in large organizations
- Expert in doing - not just in the design of concepts, also builds prototypes
- Effective communicator expresses himself/herself with flair and even charisma, either one-to-one or one-to-many at various levels of the organization
- In-depth knowledge of the Agile process and principles
- Experience across industries in Supply Chain, Logistics and manufacturing software product management design and trends
Please note: We occasionally amend or withdraw Shell jobs and reserve the right to do so at any time, including prior to the advertised closing date.
Before applying, you are advised to read our data protection policy. This policy describes the processing that may be associated with your personal data and informs you that your personal data may be transferred to Royal Dutch/Shell Group companies around the world.
The Shell Group and its approved recruitment consultants will never ask you for a fee to process or consider your application for a career with Shell. Anyone who demands such a fee is not an authorised Shell representative and you are strongly advised to refuse any such demand.
Shell is an Equal Opportunity Employer.