Skills: Motorman, Ships Engineer
Other Skills: Engine Room Operator, 4th Class Engineering
Experience: 1 + Years
Education: Tech/Vocational Cert/Apprenticeship
Location: St. John's, Newfoundland and Labrador, Canada
In order to apply for this position, applicants MUST meet the following criteria. If your resume does not match these criteria, you will not be able to apply for this position.
Located in region: North America
REPORTS TO: Technical Section Leader, and/or Assistant Chief Engineer
LOCATION: Offshore Nova Scotia
TYPE OF RIG: Semisubmersible
ROTATION: Temporary Work - Needed ASAP
JOB SUMMARY: The ERO is Responsible for monitoring and maintaining the unit's main engines
- High school Diploma or Equivalent
- 4th Class Engineering ticket required
- Offshore Certificates: Basic Survival Training (BST), H2S Alive, Fall Protection, Confined Space Entry
- Able to operate software applications as applicable to position. Ability to interpret technical literature and drawings
- Previous experience working on semi-sub drilling rig considered an asset
- Must pass Physical, Drug Screen and Background/Pre-Employment Screening Checks.
- Complete competency requirements for current position and work towards gaining competency in the next position
- Monitor the power plants controls and power distribution and consumption - ensuring power is available at all times
- Perform troubleshooting, problem solving and plan activities to prevent problems from occurring with the power plant, propulsion plant, and auxiliary equipment on the vessel. This will include the sewage treatment plant, HVAC, potable water, pneumatic systems, etc.
- Operate, maintain, and repair as necessary the engine cooling water system, lube oil system, and fuel system
- Ensure that the permit to work and isolation systems are strictly adhered
- Perform preventative and corrective maintenance and special projects involving the power plant and propulsion system on board the drilling vessel to prevent down time and to ensure the efficient and continual functioning of the vessel
- Carry out maintenance according to the Company Maintenance Management System guidelines
- Ensure that reports for the repair and maintenance of equipment are accurate and complete
- Instruct, train, direct, and supervise Motorman
- Liaise with the marine department regarding the loading, ordering, and use of fuel, potable water, and drill water
- Perform daily inspections and planned maintenance
- Maintain main engine log recording daily consumption
- Mentor, develop, and train crew members to ensure they are competent to work in their current job positions, and where appropriate, coached and prepared for the next position
- Ensure that approved rig operating procedures are adhered to at all times. Report all unsafe activities, situations, and potential hazards to supervisor
- Actively participate in weekly rig and departmental safety meeting
- Actively participate in the Safety Management Systems
- Ensure housekeeping is maintained in assigned areas
- Conduct performance appraisals for subordinates. Recommend promotion, development, or disciplinary action
- Perform all emergency duties as per designation on the station bill
- Other duties as assigned.
It is the objective of Puglisevich to ensure employment equity within the workplace.We encourage applications from Aboriginal peoples, visible minorities, women, and persons with disabilities having the capability, qualifications and experience to make application for this position. Qualified residents in Newfoundland will be given first consideration in the staffing of these positions.
Puglisevich USA provide qualified personnel to drilling contractors, ensuring continued productivity and efficiency on their offshore rigs. At the same time, we offer candidates the chance to start or continue an exciting career in a dynamic and challenging offshore environment!
We specialize in contract and temporary positions, that could potentially to lead to full time positions. Our main goal is for employees to be successful in obtaining full time employment offshore, in an equal time rotation.
Apply today and let’s chat. This is the best opportunity to start your career offshore!
Make sure to follow us on Linked In, Facebook and Twitter for future opportunities: