BP is looking for Mechanical Engineer in Baku, Azerbaijan. You will be responsible for providing Mechanical expertise to projects or operations, including maintenance, inspection and turnaround, proactively interacting with other disciplines, teams, subfunctions and contractors to systematically resolve problems and applying sound engineering judgement to drive integrated, pragmatic solutions focused on risk management, operating efficiency, defect elimination and standardisation.Responsibilities:
Mechanical Engineering position will provide cross-asset support to the AGT Offshore Operations Organization.
- Provides mechanical engineering (ME) expertise to other teams by performing and reviewing complex, or non-routine mechanical engineering calculations and analyses.
- Provides ME expertise to Management of Change (MoC) and to brownfield projects and modifications.
- Provides ME expertise to hazard identification and risk assessment processes.
- Provides ME expertise in performing incident investigations and defect investigations.
- Ensures that the inspection, testing, maintenance and condition monitoring tasks in CMMS and Operator Workbench are aligned with the technical intent of Equipment Strategies.
- Develops and updates the technical content of Equipment Strategies based on equipment performance feedback and performs periodic review of CMMS and Operator Workbench effectiveness.
- Performs reliability analysis for mechanical equipment using surveillance, maintenance and condition monitoring data, and trends performance metrics.
- Provides ME expertise to delivery of AGT Offshore Regional actions. Leads on resolution of complex, multi-discipline technical issues where the dominant component is mechanical engineering.
- Records relevant learnings in shared learning systems, incorporates into local activities and escalates high priority lessons.
Essential job requirements:
- Degree in Mechanical Engineering or related discipline
- Solid experience and technical understanding of engineering, maintenance and operation of mechanical equipment in oil & gas processing facilities.
- Knowledge of governing codes, industry standards and local regulations relevant to mechanical engineering, and proven ability in practical application of engineering standards and practices for mechanical equipment.