Skills: Budget / Cost Control
Experience: 5 + Years
Education: Masters Degree
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
Location: Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
No location/work authorization restrictions found.
Sr Cost Controller - Offshore O&G Projects - KL, Malaysia
The location: Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
Duration: 2-year direct hire contract
Working Week: Approx. 40 - 45 hours per week
The Offer:15,000 MYR + Company Benefits
Various projects relating to Marine Repair as well as Deep Water LNG Projects
My client is a specialist provider of construction & engineering services to the offshore Oil & Gas industry. They provide services such as design, Procurement, installation and commissioning. They have a strong presence in Malaysia and are currently working on several projects.
Scope of work
• To study and familiarizes with the contracted work scope and its terms and conditions.
• Organize meeting between ship owner's representative and the yard's project team for confirmation of contracted work scope, clarify on arising matters if necessary, establish rapport with the customer and endeavour to maintain company's image during vessel repair period.
• To monitor any amendments to contracted work scope e.g., variation order (VO), additional work (AWO), quote the cost and required working period and negotiate with the attending ship owner's representative prior to its commencement.
• To prepare and negotiate the bill with diligence and care, reflecting original quoted prices, yard standard tariff prices, additional agreed prices and prevailing market prices to ensure yard's interest is safe guarded. Thereafter to present same to Manager Contract & Cost Control for authority and strategy for negotiation.
• To monitor and follow-up on the progress of payment. To issue reminders and necessary correspondence prior to closing of an account.
• To ensure that the company's Health, Safety and Environment (HSE) policies are strictly adhered to.
• Degree Qualified in an engineering, construction related field (Required)
• Certificate in Project Management (Desired)
• 5+ years of experience gained in Marine repair projects and or deep-water oil and gas project
• Strong knowledge of project controls
• Right to live and work in Malaysia
To help Leap29 find you that perfect job, we need to store and process your personal information.
That means that your details will be entered into Leap29's database and our consultants may contact you from time to time with relevant job opportunities.
By applying you're confirming you're happy for us to do that!