Skills: Piping Engineer
Education: Associates/2 yr Degree/Diploma
Employment Type: Full Time Contractor
Location: Aberdeen, Scotland, United Kingdom
No location/work authorization restrictions found.
Worley is looking for a Principal Pipe Stress Engineer to join our Oil and Gas project delivery operation based in one of our UK onshore locations for a period of 4 months.
You will join the Piping and Plant Layout Department which provides concept, FEED and detailed design services for both onshore and offshore Oil & Gas facilities. Engineering positions involve the layout, material specification, stress analysis, requisition of piping bulk materials and comprehensive analysis of piping designs to ensure inherently safe systems. Design positions involve equipment modelling, piping layout and pipe support design within a 3D environment, including drafting and calculation of bulk quantities and weights.
Your skills and expertise will be utilised across a range of domestic and international projects, starting in the bid phase, continuing through to award, start up and execution.
- Specialising in pipe stress analysis and advising design team on arrangement and support requirement to work within code stress requirements.
- To support the Principal and Senior Piping Engineers in delivering the Piping Engineering Design meeting Worley and Client criteria for Technical Design Quality and Technical Safety.
- Preparation of Piping design deliverables, including studies, detail design deliverables and close-out, as directed by the Principal and Senior Piping Engineers.
- Participation in project design and safety reviews.
- Approval, checking and preparation of design/engineering documentation
- Represent the Company at external functions, roll-outs and communication sessions such as graduate recruitment events.
- To complete requirements for Corporate membership of Chartered Institution.
- To continue developing experience, expertise and confidence in technical areas with context of company's administrative and technical procedures.
- Develop and enhance processes and systems for wider use in the discipline.
- To prepare, develop and maintain the full range of Piping Engineering Design deliverables to a high standard using Corporate Procedures/Software where applicable, Industry Codes and best practice. To achieve this on schedule and within budget.
- Commitment to and promotion of Worley values and ensuring the realisation of company and project health, safety, environmental, quality and ethics, systems, policies and procedures.
- Provide technical assistance to Business Development strategies, activities and initiatives.
- Provide input into cost estimates and execution plans
- Plan and maintain the discipline progress of the project and report periodically on progress to project manager.
- Ensure all interfaces to other disciplines are clearly defined and correctly engineered.
- Liaise with other disciplines, departments, project personnel, vendors, client etc.
- Ensure technical integrity of all discipline deliverables on the project.
- HNC or equivalent in appropriate Engineering subject.
- Highly experienced engineer with sound technical background and wide ranging expertise.
- Experienced in the use of appropriate codes of practice, standards and relevant sections of statutory documentation.
- Highly experienced in use of design and assessment methods used within discipline.
- Highly experienced in quality control / safety / environmental methods and quality assurance / safety / environmental procedures for engineering
- Experienced in use of analytical methods used within discipline including theoretical background for analysis programs.
- Experienced in planning, progress monitoring, forecasting and reporting.
- Competent in commercial, contractual and administrative aspects of engineering.
- Experienced in estimating man-hours and materials for most aspects of work.