Skills: Structural Engineering
Experience: 5 + Years
Education: Masters Degree
Employment Type: Full Time Contractor
Salary: $65 - $75 per hour
Location: Perth, Western Australia, Australia
No location/work authorization restrictions found.
Residential Role - Structural/Mechanical Engineer - Mining Consultancy - Perth / Western Australia
Duration: 12 Month to Indefinite Contract Role or Permanent option
Working Week: Standard 40 hour / week - Expect to work 45 hours
Location:Perth CBD - Residential Role
Rate:$ 65 to 75 / Hour (Inclusive of superannuation) (120,000 - 135,000 AUD / Annum)
An excellent boutique consultancy specializing in mechanical and structural engineering for bulk material handling systems. They have over four offices across Australia and a total of around 50 engineers working for them company wide.
They really value their employees and offer excellent careers prospects, they have a stable consistent work load and are considerate to the candidates personal situation.
This isn't the type of EPCM in Perth that rapidly ramp up and down.
• Undertake and lead advanced structural engineering studies and brownfield design projects for heavy mechanical structures used in the mining industry
• Manage a small team of engineers and designers to time, cost and quality objectives for multiple assignments
• Write clear, concise, evidence-based engineering consulting reports
• Develop relationships with clients at several mine sites, report on work in hand, develop new business
• Work on cross disciplinary projects with mechanical engineers
• Design and approve structural engineering drawings
• Site inspections of plant and equipment
• Minimum of 5 years of experience (Post Qualification)
• Degree qualified (Mechanical Engineering or Structural Engineering)
• Achieved or working towards chartership qualification
• Experienced in a technical engineering role working on the design and analysis of heavy steel structures used in mining or heavy industry.
• Experienced working within Australian standards.
• Previous experience working on Finite Element Analysis of material handling systems.
• Experience in the mechanical design of conveyor systems
• Ideally you should have gained experience working on AS4324.1 - Mobile equipment for continuous handling of bulk materials, general requirements for the design of steel structures
• Design and problem-solving skills
• Experience in ship-loaders, stacker re-claimers is an advantage but not essential
• Interpersonal skills for interacting with team members and clients
• Report writing and communication skills
• Site exposure and industry experience
• Ideally experienced in the following software platforms: Strand7, Space Gass, Limcon, Tedds, Solidworks, Microsoft Project, Microsoft Office
An indefinite (open ended contract role) or permanent role
A flexible working environment that fosters initiative for engineers
To help Leap29 find you that perfect job, we need to store and process your personal information.
That means that your details will be entered into Leap29's database and our consultants may contact you from time to time with relevant job opportunities.
By applying you're confirming you're happy for us to do that!