Skills: Well Control
Education: High School/Secondary
Employment Type: Full Time Contractor
Location: Aberdeen, United Kingdom
In order to apply for this position, applicants MUST meet the following criteria. If your resume does not match these criteria, you will not be able to apply for this position.
Authorized to work in: United Kingdom
Our Client is looking for a Regional Wells Quality Engineer for a contract position, located in Aberdeen
This role is a unique opportunity for to support with delivery of Quality in across the Region in a Wells Department. The role will be accountable for managing assurance and risk in relation to Quality.
This role is a key enabler to reducing waste through avoidable non-productive time and the associated costs. We anticipate successful delivery of this role will lead to synergies and improved knowledge with learnings transfer through the sharing of best practices globally leading to change in the wells organisation and critical suppliers.
- Without compromise to corporate health, safety and environmental standards and in accordance with Statutes, Regulations and Company Policies, the incumbent shall: Champion and demonstrate leadership in both HSSE and Quality
- Deliver and coordinate performance management and operational support for the Regional Wells Quality Strategy working with the existing organization.
- Manage programmes for improvement of Quality Performance of Strategic Suppliers across the region.
- Plan, coordinate, and manage the deployment of Global Wells Quality Practices relevant to the operations in the region.
- Lead the delivery of consistent quality planning including the integration of best practices from countries in the region (Risk management, NPT Management, Supplier Assurance for Manufactured Equipment, Contract Quality, Learning Capture, Service Quality Assurance, Quality Control).
- Report to the Region leadership team and Global Wells Quality team on Quality Performance and Supplier Assurance.
- Lead multi discipline teams for significant audits and investigations in the Region.
- Key member of the Regional Equipment Team, reporting directly into the Wells Equipment Manager.
- The role will be based in Aberdeen, UK with occasional travel required to regional locations and suppliers.
- Substantial experience in the Upstream sector of the oil and gas industry as a Quality professional.
- Highly familiar with wells equipment, well services, and associated company and industry
- Strong communicator and ability to integrate and organise multiple stakeholder needs across the internal organization.
- Demonstrated capability for working with suppliers to deliver scopes and improve performance.
- Experienced in data analysis and interpretation.
- Capable of leading multi-disciplinary teams to deliver reviews and investigations.
- Capable of supporting teams to self-develop quality strategies and deliver.
- The following skills would be advantageous to the role
- Knowledgeable with industry quality assurance requirements and standards such as ISO 9001, API Q1 and API Q2.
- Experienced in conducting investigations related to safety or quality.
- An appreciation of quality management tools, systems and interfaces with risk and knowledge management.
- Learning mindset with demonstrated ability for self-development.
- Demonstrable stakeholder management skills both internally and externally - ability to learn from and influence.
- Understanding of situational leadership - knowing when to support, coach and direct.
- Strong communication skills.