Baker Hughes is currently hiring a HSE Leader based in The Woodlands, TX. This visible role will lead the Health, Safety & Environment (HSE) strategy and operationalization of it for the Integrated Well Services (IWS) product line globally. The position reports in a matrix manner to both the HSE Leader OFS, and VP IWS. Additionally the position will engage significantly with the IWS Leadership Team and HSE colleagues globally.Essential Responsibilities:
- Leads Operational Excellence focus during both bidding/proposal and operational execution phases of Integrated Well Services opportunities and contracts to ensure added value.
- Drive the HSE ownership in the Product Line and horizontally across the enterprise, embedding continued safety culture shift resulting in high levels of performance as evidenced by a track record of consistent delivery and development of strategies supporting the business.
- Identify and attract key individuals with the critical capabilities needed by the current organization, then develop and motivate same to ensure full spectrum of IWS project delivery.
- Direct global HSE strategies that position the business to shape and capitalize on emerging customer & market needs.
- Supports Commercial and Pursuit teams during bidding/proposal phase, inclusive of P&L input for HS&E operations, HSE DOA's and proposal information plus acts as lead contributor to IWS Opportunity Screening & Prioritization Process.
- Performs Sub-contracted party HSE Due Diligence and pre-agreement technical audits upon Well Construction services for selection approvals.
- Directs a 'safety by design' approach through Well Engineering and Field Operations infrastructure with the relevant teams, with particular focus to Barrier Management, Pad layouts, Rig Design and overall field execution plan.
- Directs management and delivery of all HSE elements across integrated well construction activities per IWS Portfolio, up to and including operatorship level field responsibilities as required by the nature of IWS contracts.
- Works with project teams both remotely and on site at their diverse office and field locations, to ensure successful deployment of all new operational projects with emphasis on HAZID/HAZOP, Rig & Services acceptance, Readiness Declarations, client acceptance, Plan execution.
- Ensures Lifecycle Risk Management processes are applied, mitigations confirmed and monitored fully in addition to well operator documentation such as PEP, HSE Plan, PMP, Interface Document, HSE Case, ERP, Site Acceptances, Readiness Review, regulatory requirements (PONs, Examination Scheme etc) and EIA for all IWS Projects in Portfolio.
- Leads HSE elements of After Action Reviews, Lessons Learned, Resource Planning, Project Planning, Cost Management Planning, Performance Improvement Plans, Performance Monitoring Reviews, Contractor Service Reviews, relevant Peer Reviews, investigations all per group processes and procedures.
- May take an active and effective stance in representing the company in external industry communities.
- Build relationships with others and uses the informal structure and culture of the organization and external parties to drive initiative and get things accomplished - ensure OFS Horizontal influence.
- Be proactive on enterprise and emerging issues, regulatory issues and industry trends whilst shaping and delivering the Interdependent Safety Culture.
- Performs customer-facing duties as required by the nature of Integrated Well Services contract frameworks.
- Handles special projects as assigned.
- Drive strong collaboration efforts across the matrix with other Product Lines within the PC and also bridging the interaction with the Global Operation Teams.
- HSE Professional Certification / Bachelor's degree in H&S or related discipline.
- 10+ years of relevant work experience in HSE.
- 15+ years in Oil & Gas Industry.
- 10+ years of management experience.
- Ability to travel globally up to 80%, to both office and field locations.
- Global experience delivering effective outcomes in high demand and hazardous environments, under varying and complex commercial and contractual models.
- Excellent leadership, strong interpersonal and influencing skills.
- Ability to manage, develop, coach and mentor complex teams.
- Demonstrated ability to work in a global matrix organization.
- Promotes a culture of collaboration and teamwork across multiple Product Companies, functions, geographies, external parties.
- Extensive knowledge of business plans, Project Planning, ITO and OTR phases, translating customer requirements/demands.
- Extensive knowledge of and track record in utilizing Project Management methodologies across complex and multiple operational projects.
- Experience in deploying HSE elements at mobilization/start-up phase of full integrated well construction projects.
- Significant operational knowledge of, and ability to manage and audit subcontracted parties performing non BH business inclusive of, Well Testing, Drilling & Workover Rigs, Mobile Camp & Catering, Civil Works, Field Logistics, Managed Pressure Drilling, Underbalanced Drilling, Rigless Ops, P&A, Production Management, Field Surveillance, Vessels, Wellheads, Procurement.
- Functional experience with Underbalanced Coiled Tubing Drilling with Managed Pressure Drilling package is a plus.
- Experience with FEED and Well Engineering discipline and standards in particular as they relate to Well Integrity, risk management and operational program execution.
- Experience in completing the suite of Wells Delivery documentation to operator level, such as HSE Interfacing and Case documentation, HAZID/HAZOP, Risk Management Plan, Field Inspection Schedule, bespoke per client, contractor and company contract scope.
- Member of recognized Health and Safety body.
- Previous experience with an Operator and/or Products & Services additional to BH OFS.
- Previous experience with new country entries as operator or integrated wells delivery team.
The Woodlands, TX
This is your opportunity to learn more, do more, live the career you have imagined and be part of a truly diverse organization.