Risk Leader for the Subsea Production Systems (SPS) & Services business supporting EPC (Engineering Procurement & Construction) project, product line and services tender and project level risk and opportunity management.
SPS & Services projects range in complexity based on geographical locations, new product inclusion, monetary value (US $10-$500M) and commercial models.
The Risk Leader will lead Risk and Opportunity (R&O) management through the identification, assessment and management of risk to inform the business of exposure on across project delivery as well as the portfolio.
The Risk Leader will support the development of strategic mitigation actions with the functional teams to assist the teams in meeting on time delivery, cash and quality requirements across the execution portfolio of projects and ensure learning is taken into the tender phase of the business. Essential Responsibilities:
- Responsible for providing support to Tender Managers, Project Directors and functional leaders across the SPS and Services business.
- Responsible for embedding the risk management process on tenders and projects to ensure key commercial, execution and technical risks and opportunities are identified, assessed and managed. Key activities include:
- Lead R&O identification sessions;
- Assist the tender / project teams and risk owners to identify and articulate R&O with clear mitigation strategies and specific actions where required;
- Assist the risk owners with realistic and consistent impact assessments by engaging with schedule and cost SME's to ensure risks and mitigation actions are accurately costed and scheduled;
- Review with the Tender Manager / Project Director the anticipated risk exposure and planned mitigation costs to inform contingency spend profiles;
- Support the reporting of R&O status to inform the internal approval and review processes;
- Ensure the risk register is maintained through the project lifecycle;
- Responsibility for Customer risk deliverables for example Risk and Opportunity Management Plans.
- Generate risk triggers and templates to support comprehensive risk identification and consistency in risk management approach across tenders and projects.
- Support the implementation of quantitative cost and schedule risk analysis, if appropriate.
- Inform knowledge management process of risk profiles / key risks for future opportunities, taking learning from project execution and share common risks across the portfolio.
- Develop maturity assessments and audit process to allow benchmarking across the projects portfolio of risk culture and process maturity.
- Provide recommendations to the Global Risk Leader for updates to the R&O Management Procedures.
- Provide R&O training, including ARM training, as required.
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited university or college or equivalent knowledge and experience.
- Proven track record in risk management and/or project management.
- Risk tool competency is desirable, for example ARM, Primavera Risk Analyser, Crystal Ball.
- Prior experience in a customer facing role.
- Commercial awareness is key.
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Strong interpersonal and leadership skills.
- Pro-active team player to engage with wide range of stakeholders.
- Demonstrated ability to analyse and resolve problems.
- Ability to document, plan, report and present material internally to leadership and to customers.
This is your opportunity to learn more, do more, live the career you have imagined and be part of a truly diverse organization
Baker Hughes is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law. Learn more