Responsible for providing advanced knowledge of a well completions specialism (Well Testing) to assist the planning and execution of well testing activity to meet the Statement of Requirements, ensuring the design and activities are consistent with functional processes and policies and external local regulations.Role Synopsis
This role will provide specialist technical support to global BP operations in Well Testing and the related Wells and Subsurface activities.
The role will be part of the central GWO - Global Solutions - Well Testing team
- Promote a strong safety culture across all Well Testing operations, focusing on inherently safe designs, procedural discipline, adherence to standards and collaboration with stakeholders.
- Prioritise the safety of all personnel at the operating site, whilst remaining aware of environmental and property protection and financial considerations.
- Integrate service providers and client demands to deliver safe, efficient and compliant operations.
- Engage with regional BP specialist teams to support Well Test systems and Process Safety.
- Work collaboratively with GWO, Reservoir Development, Exploration and UEC teams.
- Proactively participate in the Data Acquisition Plan (DAP) of Exploration & Appraisal activities with the Exploration function. Provide guidance for the Well Test objectives and Pressure Transient Analysis (PTA) design and Well SOR development.
- Adherence to the Well Test Planning Process, ensuring key deliverables are met as per agreed schedule and the design meets internal and relevant industry standards, best practices and regulatory requirements.
- Actively participate in and assist in the preparation of Risk Assessment activities - such as HAZOP and HAZID, engineering and operational reviews, certification and other engineering and process safety reviews as required.
- Supervise site based Well Testing and related operations as required; ensuring systems are installed, commissioned and operated as per approved design and programme.
- Provide site based real time management and ownership of Well Test data.
- Review operational incidents and failures, analyse root cause effects and present findings to ensure a positive learning culture.
- Write technical reports and be computer literate with relevant office and technical software packages
- Provide onshore logistical and operational support for regional activity.
- Act as a mentor to develop and coach less qualified or experienced engineers.
Educated to Bachelor of Science in an engineering or scientific discipline or higher.
Essential experience and Job requirements
- Minimum of 10 years' experience working in the oil & gas industry.
- Minimum of 5 years' experience in Well Testing with demonstrable knowledge, understanding and experience of Well Testing operations, including offshore.
- Display wide range of global well site experience with specific experience in the well testing and interventions domain.
- Ability to support subsurface teams in development of Well Test objectives, test design and data acquisition plans to achieve test objectives and optimize flared volumes.
- Prior experience in the design and engineering of Well Testing systems in offshore and high rate environments.
- Delivery of detailed technical documentation such as basis of design, operational programmes, work instructions and technical reports.
- Direct site based supervisory experience of wellsite activity sets.
- Good understanding of Process Safety design principles, and experience of detailed HAZOP studies and other process safety activities such as HAZID and LOPA.
- Excellent safety record and knowledge of recent industry safety and technical alerts.
- Good understanding of relevant industry standards, best practices and regulatory requirements.
- Willing to travel to the regions to provide technical support and wellsite based operational supervision.
- Experience of working overseas.
- Operational experience with HPHT, harsh environment or deepwater projects (DP floating vessels).