Skills: IT - Software Development, QA / QC / Inspection
Experience: 4 + Years
Education: Masters Degree
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
Location: Abingdon, England, United Kingdom
- Under broad direction, mentors a team of Software Testers that can be comprised of Manual and Automated Test Engineers.
- Comprehensive understanding of all elements of a successful software development program.
- Conduct automated and manual tests to ensure the software created by developers in the area of Geologic Modelling is fit for purpose.
- Review product requirements to ensure traceability to customer requirements / market needs.
- Design comprehensive test cases that cover required functionalities as well as end to end integration with other Landmark applications.
- Define & test customer workflows using field experience in the domain of in Geoscience, Petroleum Engineering or similar discipline.
- Execute test cases to support Landmark software development lifecycle.
- Work with Product Management & Development team to resolve all reported issues.
- Work with the Product Owner and System Architect to design, code, test, maintain and document code by following best practices of software development lifecycle.
- Proactively identify areas for improvement within the product and development processes and propose new solutions.
- Update job knowledge by studying state-of-the-art tools, techniques, and computing technologies; reading professional publications; participating in professional organizations; obtaining relevant certifications.
- Bachelor's Degree in Geosciences, Petroleum Engineering or similar discipline, and 4+ years of related experience. Completion of a master's degree is preferred.
- Strong experience working with operators / service companies on Geologic Modelling
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills.
- Good communication skills and ability to work within a distributed team.
- Strong testing experience in Continuous delivery pipeline
- Familiarity with enterprise development process and large-scale system design.
- Experience in quality assurance of software for E&P industry.
- Experience with Agile development process
- Experience with cloud computing platforms, micro-services, big data analytics or Spark
- Experience with landmark applications
Halliburton is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, disability, genetic information, pregnancy, citizenship, marital status, sex/gender, sexual preference/ orientation, gender identity, age, veteran status, national origin, or any other status protected by law or regulation.
97 Jubilee Avenue, Milton Park, Abingdon, Oxfordshire, OX14 4RW, United Kingdom
Requisition Number: 78910
Experience Level: Experienced Hire
Job Family: Engineering/Science/Technology
Product Service Line: Landmark Software & Services
Full Time / Part Time: Full Time
Additional Locations for this position:
Compensation is competitive and commensurate with experience.
Founded in 1919, Halliburton is one of the world’s leading providers of products and services to the upstream energy industry.
Halliburton is proud to be a services company, and our customers and investors appreciate our business model. Our strong competitive position not only comes from our geographic footprint and wide range of products and services, but also, more importantly, from the quality of our work and the dedication of our employees.
With approximately 55,000 employees, representing 140 nationalities in more than 80 countries, Halliburton touches much of the oil and gas that fuel our society.
Halliburton comprises 14 product service lines (PSLs). The PSLs operate in two divisions: Drilling and Evaluation, and Completion and Production.
Our Consulting and Project Management PSL works across both divisions and is the spearhead of our integrated-services strategy. Its financial results are included in the Drilling and Evaluation Division. PSLs are primarily responsible and accountable for strategy, technology development, process development, people development and capital allocation.
Integrity: Ethics and integrity are the foundation of our brand and the guiding principles for all we do.
Safety: Priority number one. We are focused on our own personal safety, as well as on the safety of others.
Collaboration: We work together with customers, and understand that everyone has a role in providing the best solution.
Competition: We compete to win, knowing that competition makes everyone stronger.
Creativity: We are resourceful. We are innovative, and strive to apply the right technology and solution every time.
Reliability: We deliver what we promise. We believe the quality of our service defines who we are.
Respect: We are honest with ourselves and with each other. We value our diverse skills and talents, and know we are stronger together as one family.
These values are our corporate DNA, the foundation for how we relate to each other and to every individual and entity with whom we interact. These are the principles that every Halliburton employee is expected to use, live by, and demonstrate on a daily basis.
Own Your Career
Our people are essential to our ability to innovate, achieve, grow, and lead. We attract and retain the best talent by investing in our employees and empowering them to develop themselves and their careers. We invest in our employees through leadership and competency development, competitive compensation plans, health benefits, work-life programs, and reward and incentive plans.
Opportunities for career development – and the tools you need to take advantage of them – are abundant. Combine those opportunities with your drive and capabilities, and your career path can go in nearly any direction you choose.