Skills: IT - Networking & Telecom, Student / Recent Grad
Location: Abingdon, England, United Kingdom
No location/work authorization restrictions found.
Job Description :
The Scientific Computing Engineer is responsible for designing and developing computational algorithms and software components based on mathematical or statistical models of physical phenomena. The Scientific Computing Engineer develops new algorithms and models, or extend existing software solutions. These software solutions are market leaders with an established user-base, and the development team has been steadily growing over the past few years.
- Develop and test algorithms and code on mathematical or statistical models of physical phenomena
- Enhance code scalability and performance.
- Keep abreast of novel technical concepts and markets. Adopt new practices readily to develop innovative and low-cost products.
- Create and maintain product documentation.
- Author technical reports, papers, articles, patents and presentations.
- Identifying and keeping abreast of novel technical concepts and markets.
- Interacts and engages with customers, users, and product managers and technical architects to understand needs and increase positive impact simulators' efficiency.
Currently has or is in the process of obtaining a Masters or PhD in Computer Science (recent graduate with less than 2 years of experience).
Alternatively, Bachelors or Masters in Computer Science or Mathematics with 1 to 3 years programming experience.
- Strong C++
- Mathematical or scientific programming
- Cross platform development (Linux & PC)
- Object Oriented Design
- Ability to work in a team environment
- Ability to work to commercial deadlines
- Good communication skills
Familiarity with one or more of the following skills:
- Parallel programming
- GPU experience writing CUDA
- Inter-process communication
- MPI / OpenMP
- Cloud Architectures
At our Abingdon Technology Centre, we develop software that enables oil and gas companies to make better decisions for reservoir development. Our software helps quantify reserves and distribution within the formation rocks and to predict changes over the life of the reservoirs. Schlumberger software portfolio spans all technologies from cloud and web-based applications to computationally intensive scientific modelling. Our people create professional software, developing in a dynamic environment and an exciting industry.
Annual Salary Range: from £34,000 to £46,000 depending on qualifications level
Posting date : 12 th of November2019
Closing date : 14 th of December 2019 or until fulfilment of the position
Estimated start date: Summer 2020 (flexible)
Company name: Schlumberger
Disclaimer: Schlumberger is an equal employment opportunity employer. Qualified applicants are considered without regard to race, colour, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, or other characteristics protected by law.
A tradition of excellence and innovation
We’re the world’s leading provider of integrated pore-to-pipeline technology solutions to the oil and gas industry. We’re also a leading employer in our sector—with a reputation for hiring the best and the brightest people and keeping them at the top of their game through rewarding career-long development opportunities.
Each day, in 85 countries, we help our customers find and produce oil and gas in ways that demonstrate respect for both people and the environment. Today’s industry challenges call for new ideas, techniques, and solutions. If you want to drive your career and want to grow with a company that’s embraced new ways of thinking since 1927, we may have the career for you.
Schlumberger is ranked in the Global Top 10 in Rigzone's 2019 Ideal Employer Rankings.