BP has embarked on an ambitious plan to modernize and transform using digital technologies to drive efficiency, effective and new business models. Downstream is BP's product and service led arm, primarily focused on building sustainable competitive returns and enduring growth in the fuels, lubricants and petrochemicals markets. Downstream globally has a strategy to "Grow the Retail business by 50% over the next 5 years and increase contactable loyalty customer base by 30% in the next 5 years".
- You are the IT Service Owner for Retail & Payments technology team, providing technology leadership for North America to underpin the growth aspirations and customer promise of a ~$3bn RCOP business.
- You will be accountable for building products and features along with the running of IT Services and products that help Downstream solve problems and deliver value. Growing and strengthening the technical talent base, bringing experts together to influence technology strategy and operations in Retail Marketing.
- This role reports into the Service Portfolio Director, NA Fuels Retail & Payments.
- Your mission is to be the IT provider of choice to your area of BP - delivering innovation at speed where it's wanted, and day-in-day-out reliability where it's needed.
- You will operate in a dynamic and commercially-focused environment, with the resources of one of the world's largest IT departments, and some of the world's leading IT vendors at your fingertips.
- You will grow and strengthen our technical talent base - bringing experts together to solve BP's problems.
BP has over 7,500 retail locations across the US and Mexico. This is a senior level role that is responsible for managing a team of technologists to deliver products and services for the North America Business team as well as support these products in the market.
- This role oversees the payment, loyalty, site system, site operations and convenience retail technology teams.
- This role sits on the Fuels North America marketing leadership team and leads the customer technology working committees.
- This role sits within the BP's Downstream Digital Organization and is responsible for building and maintaining effective working relationships with a range of stakeholders, ensuring relevant payment and industry standards are maintained, and managing process and system improvements to deliver business value.
- This role also will be responsible for ensuring BP's payment and industry compliance to all PCI and PII requirements and regulations and maintaining operational support across the service remit. Specifically, this role oversees the following technology teams:
- Loyalty and Marketing Offers team: Team of technologist that oversee the day to day activities and support of the BP loyalty products, CRM and the associated vendors as well as the delivery of all features and products in the market.
- Site Systems Team: Team of technologist that oversee the site level technology such as EPS, FCC, POS and Pin Pads. This team is responsible for delivery of all in-year Software, OS and supports the day to day vendors and services.
- Payment Processing: Team of technologist that are responsible for the delivery all new payment products, maintaining PCI compliance and manage the payment acquirer and processing services on behalf of the business.
- Convenience Retail & Site Operations: Team of technologist that oversee the convenience retail technology such as Back office Solutions and delivery of key products and features to enable the convenience retail growth
At IT&S, all the roles are within Chapters. While your role will continue to remain within the Chapter, your initial activities described below may change over time. The chapter will be based on your skill set and will be confirmed if you are the successful candidateTeam:
You will shape, build and run the North America IT services, which delivers change and operating services into the businesses; underpinning the "winning in retail" strategy and growth of 50% over the next 5 years. You will provide technology leadership to the North American Retail Marketing Leadership, informing investment decisions, identifying and pursuing solutions that underpin operational standardization and the growth agenda. (partnering with internal and external partners). You will grow and develop the talent pool, delivery capability and succession plan within IT&S and support the establishment of Product Owner capability in the business.Strategy
: You will manage the IT&S safety, risk, cyber security and compliance agenda for NA Retail services. You will take total IT cost ownership for your services- delivering reliable, commercially efficient and effective operations for Fuels, leveraging and developing the global and regional partner ecosystem. You will establish a methodology that leads towards a repeatable and reusable Retail capability that can be deployed in parallel and at pace, informed by feedback.Safety and Compliance
: The safety of our people and customers is our No. 1 priority. You will champion and lead this, promoting a culture of security in everything we do. Essential Education
Ideally, you'll have a Bachelor's (or higher) degree, preferably in Computer Science, MIS/IT, Mathematics or a hard science.
Equivalent work experience in a relevant role or roles.