Skills: IT - Software Development
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
Location: Buenos Aires, Buenos Aires, Argentina
In order to apply for this position, applicants MUST meet the following criteria. If your resume does not match these criteria, you will not be able to apply for this position.
Chevron is one of the world's leading energy companies, with approximately 60,000 employees working in countries around the world. Chevron explores, produces and transports crude oil and natural gas; refines, markets and distributes fuels and other energy products; manufactures and sells petrochemical products; generates power; and develops future energy resources. Chevron values integrity, trust, diversity and ingenuity.
The Chevron Business Support Center (BASSC), located in Buenos Aires (Puerto Madero), Argentina, is accepting online applications for the position of Software Engineer.
Responsibilities for this position may include but are not limited to:
- Consistently deliver complex, innovative and complete solutions, driving them through all phases of the software development lifecycle
- Develop software solutions leveraging established Chevron technology standards. Collaborate with internal and external partners to develop new standards and reusable components
- Maintain working knowledge of the latest software engineering tools and practices for continuous integration, unit tests, static and dynamic profiling, code coverage, code analysis, and automated tests.
- Proven experience in object-oriented design and programming, fluent in Microsoft .Net and / or Java
- Experience with SQL Server and/or Oracle databases. Ability to create and modify complex queries and views
- Ability to work effectively on teams, respecting other opinions, valuing diversity, building consensus and assisting others to accomplish team goals and objectives
- Student or B.S. in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or related technical field
- Hands-on experience with Azure Cloud, Ansible, Jenkins, and Azure Dev-Ops
- Knowledge of modern solution design methods (MVC, MVVM, SPA, etc.)
- Experience working in Agile teams (Scrum, SaFe)
- Passionate and detailed approach to software development
- Proficient English skills. Ability to communicate in oral and written forms
Compensation & Benefits
BASSC pay and benefits are designed to be competitive and meet the diverse needs of our workforce. We offer:
- Competitive base pay
- Annual incentive award (bonus)
- Work from home and flexible schedule options
- Supplemental Life Insurance Plan
- Family Health Premium Plan
- Day Care Subsidy
- Educational Assistance Program
- English Lessons
- Employee Assistance Program
- Recognition & Award Program
This is a position only for Buenos Aires, Argentina
Chevron is one of the world’s leading integrated energy companies. Our success is driven by our people and their commitment to get results the right way – by operating responsibly, executing with excellence, applying innovative technologies and capturing new opportunities for profitable growth. Some of our specialties include generating power and produce geothermal energy; investing in profitable renewable energy and energy efficiency solutions; and developing the energy resources of the future, including researching advanced biofuels.
Our diverse and highly skilled workforce consists of approximately 64,700 employees, including more than 3,200 service station employees. At Chevron, we’re focused on safely delivering the energy needed to power human and economic progress worldwide. But how do we do that when harnessing fossil fuels can be inherently risky? To meet these challenges, Chevron has spent more than 20 years expanding systems that support a culture of safety and environmental stewardship that strives to achieve unequaled performance and prevent all serious incidents and fatalities. We call this Operational Excellence, and it drives everything we do.
Diversity & Inclusion
We’re committed to reflecting in our workforce the rich diversity of cultures and racial and ethnic backgrounds in the communities where we live and work. We’re also devoted to encouraging a diversity of ideas.
Diversity is one of the cornerstones of our values, which we call The Chevron Way. The Chevron Way states:
“We learn from and respect the cultures in which we work. We value and demonstrate respect for the uniqueness of individuals and the varied perspectives and talents they provide. We have an inclusive work environment and actively embrace a diversity of people, ideas, talents and experiences.”
As a core value, diversity is critical to developing a talented, high-performing workforce needed for ongoing business success. The Chevron Way’s focus on people has helped establish a culture that attracts, develops and retains more diverse talent.
We Support Career & Personal Development
We value the importance of managing work/life priorities by offering flexible work schedules, on-site child care at some facilities, adoption assistance, dual-career couple support, scholarships and tuition reimbursement.
At Chevron, you’ll find a workplace committed to your professional development. You’ll receive support and tools to create your own career path, including education assistance support which pays up to 75% of the cost (including tuition, textbooks, lab fees, and registration and administration fees) for approved courses. To strengthen organizational capability, we develop our employees’ and contractors’ skills and experience through our Invest in People strategy. As part of this strategy, discussions focused on continually improving individual performance are held between managers and employees.