At Baker Hughes, we are transforming the future of energy. With operations in over 120 countries, we are developing and deploying industry-leading technologies and services to take energy forward.
For more than a century, our inventions have revolutionized energy. Today, we are bringing our expertise to make oil and gas safer, cleaner, and more efficient.
Our people are the trusted experts, relied on to solve customer challenges big and small. We invest in the health and well-being of our workforce, train and reward talent, and develop leaders at all levels to bring out the best in each other.
We believe in creating an environment of diversity and inclusion, without bias. We know we are better when all of our people are developed, engaged, and able to bring their whole authentic selves to work.
We're makers, inventors, and leaders who aren't afraid of the tough challenges. We believe pushing boundaries will help to lead the way for a new energy future. Role Summary:
The Engineer will provide technical support to site team on the Subsea Manifolds, Connections and Distribution Systems being fabricated in Chennai, based out of LTHE-MTTF Katupalli.He/she will be responsible for coordination between product line engineering teams in Norway, Poland and Florence to ensure successful completion of site project activities on time.Essential Responsibilities:
- Provide product technical queries, interfaces, deviations, modifications and testing during site activities related to Subsea Manifolds, Connections and Distribution Systems
- Proactively interface between all functions to support on resolving non-conformities activities (GRR /NCR) arising at Fabrication site
- Follow-up technical queries and non-conformances analysis progress
- Interpret customer specifications, Test Procedures, Material specifications, Design, Drawings and Documents
- Work cross functionally with other teams and departments to understand interfaces, system design, activities and deliverables.
- Co-ordinates and interfaces between fabrication/installation and pre-fabrication activities
- Interface with Site Management, PEM or PM, EFAT /SIT Testing, Projects, HSE, Quality and suppliers
- Conduct deepdive on structural, piping, deviations to provide timely disposition direction at Fabrication yard
- Searches for the most efficient technical solutions.
- Leverages expertise to resolve problems in the field
- Good understanding of test procedures, test equipment, equipment specifications, acceptance standards to conduct tests
- Review test procedures, acceptance criteria and ensure adherance to HSE, Quality during execution
- Provide technical support for EFAT / SIT activities
- Participate in Yard Engineering /Quality and progress reviews
- Assure lessons learnt are captured by the site engineers and shared with the engineering teams to let improve the future projects execution.
- Conduct site engineering work in compliance with all applicable HSE regulations and employee safety practices in accordance with the company's recommended procedures, methods and guidelines
- Bachelors degree in Structural / Mechanical / Marine engineering.
- Have a minimum 3-10 years construction, inspection and commissioning experience with Oil & gas / Heavy Fabrication projects (pipelines, platforms, subsea).
- Good knowledge on Subsea production system products
- Have working knowledge of codes & standards such as ASME, API and AWS inspection procedures.
- Well versed with CAD tools, preferably Pro-E/Creo in a TeamCenter environemnt.
- Supervised fabrication yard erection activities (fit up, welding and lifting).
- Supervised fabrication yard installation operations (piping installation, E.I.T.).
- Have experience utilizing MS Project for project scheduling (preferred).
- Comprehensive Subsea production system understanding
- An understanding of manufacturing, materials and coating processes to make data-based recommendations and decisions.
- Experience as Resident engineer c/o Customers or Site engineer
- Ability to successfully work in a team environment
- Self-motivated and able to work independently and as part of a team.
- Proven capability to plan own work and take ownership to plan.
- Good interpersonal skills
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Familiar with Creo/iPEM/TeamCenter
- Structured and proven to deliver good documentation and overviews.
- Detail oriented.
This is your opportunity to learn more, do more, live the career you have imagined and be part of a truly diverse organization.
Baker Hughes is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law. Learn more