Skills: Manufacturing Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, QA / QC / Inspection
Experience: 7 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
In order to apply for this position, applicants MUST meet the following criteria. If your resume does not match these criteria, you will not be able to apply for this position.
Authorized to work in: Singapore
Baker Hughes offers the opportunity for an experienced Quality Engineer for Supply Chain Assembly Operation in Singapore.
Will work under supervision to deliver the following activities:
- TPI Management for Customer Special Quality Requirements.
- Supervise Three (3) Shifts of NDE Operations (7 days/week)
- Support Supplier Surveillance and Internal Audits of Special Processes.
- Fully support the QMS by creating, editing, reviewing, and implementing documents, assuring alignment to relevant industry and BHC standards (BHOS).
- Using Quality Tools, facilitate process improvements, qualitative risk assessments, and root cause analysis and corrective actions that are aligned to continuous improvements in support of business goals and objectives.
- Provide technical support and training to a broad range of people including Strategic Sourcing, Supply Chain, Engineering, and Supplier Quality in order to achieve the established business goals and objectives.
- Organizes and manage internal audits including follow-up and closes audit findings using available reporting systems (QMT). Be first contact for customer audits.
- Act as a lead auditor. Conduct supplier audits and demonstrate use of supplier improvement actions. Closely monitor suppliers providing critical and special processes (e.g. NDE, heat treat, welding, coating, threading).
- Select, evaluate, and re-evaluate suppliers by organizing audits according to BHC procedures and applicable industry standards and best practices. Reports results into Approved Suppliers List (ASL).
- Work with Quality Control department to ensure inspections are performed per BHC (SRS) completions procedures.
- Provide timely Corrective Action (CA) and Preventive Action (PA) status to internal and/or external clients and audit agencies.
- Represent Quality in the Country/Location leadership team and in customer audits and reviews.
- Share knowledge within the quality community and to the wider BHC organization.
- Demonstrate project management best practices and use of quality management tools and handle special projects as required.
- Provide manufacturing support to vendor to ensure correct BHC requirement is conveyed to supplier.
- Support in create and disposition of Quality Notification (QN)
- Provide support to in house assembly team for any technical issue.
- May also supervise a team in the execution of the above activities.
Conducting all business activities in accordance with BHC Health, Safety and Environmental policies, Legal Compliance requirements and Company Core Values.
ESSENTIAL QUALIFICATIONS / REQUIREMENTS:
- Bachelor's Degree in Mechanical or Manufacturing Engineering, Metallurgy, Material Science, Applied Science or equivalent discipline. Minimum 7 years' experience.
- Master's Degree is a plus.
- Field or Product Engineering Experience in Completions is a Plus.
- Supplier Quality Management is a Plus
PREFERRED QUALIFICATION / REQUIREMENT
- Candidates with experience in Third Party Inspection (TPI) Management, Level II or III NDT (MPI/LPI/UT), Special Process Certifications (e.g. Welding, Coating), and Supplier Quality Management, and Lead Audit Certification (ISO), will be given priority.
- Experience with Quality Management Systems and lead auditor training is a plus.
- Familiarity with metallurgical processing, fabrication, mechanical testing and corrosion testing.
- Working knowledge with metallurgical lab and calibration equipment.
- Experience in performing technical analysis, including SPC, root cause and lean six sigma knowledge and reporting
- Capable of effective communication of highly technical information both verbally and in writing.
- Demonstrated teamwork and leadership skills.
- Facilitation and presentation skills.
- In depth knowledge of industry standards and completions technologies.
- Must be capable of effective communication in English.
- Familiar with standard business software packages.
- Six Sigma Training
- Candidates should be self-motivated and focused on achieving business results through a multi-disciplinary team
Training opportunities exist for various engineering subjects, product training, management, and other applicable topics. Frequent domestic travel may be required to qualify suppliers and visit manufacturing locations
For this position, we are seeking candidates who have permanent work authorization in Singapore.